Jamie Dingman is an accomplished emerging-markets veteran who has represented his father's interests in China for the past six years and was involved in Russian private equity funds in the mid 1990s, reported the Post.
The pair met at the Red Cross Ball in Florida last year.
So what else do we know about Jamie Dingman and his father Michael Dingman?
So far, almost all the information on Jamie Dingman himself has come from the Post (below):
- owned an Indy car-racing team
- dated Bridget Moynahan (model, actress, and mother of NFL Quarterback Tom Brady's son John Edward Thomas Moynahan)
- friends with Princess Madeleine of Sweden
- He's never been so happy. He and Elin have strong feelings for each other. He's a classic all-American guy. He's handsome, a total gentleman and low-key. He's never been in the press. Elin's a very lucky girl; he's a great guy but very private, a friend told the Post.
The following is information on his billionaire father Michael Dingman:
- Attended the University of Maryland, got his Wall Street start at Drexel Burnham
- Consummate corporate dealmaker and investor. Past deals involved Temple-Inland, The Henley Group (read Fortune's account of this deal here), Thermo Fisher Scientific, and OAO Sidanco
- His investment philosophy (via Fortune): buy companies at a discount in depressed markets, spruce them up, wait for the market to bounce back, then sell or spin them off at a handsome profit.
- Was Involved in the privatization wave of Russia and other former Soviet Union countries in the 1990s
- Involved in Chinese investments, has offices in Beijing and Nanjing