Ivanka Trump will have the national spotlight on her Thursday night when she addresses the Republican National Convention to make a case for her father. But behind the scenes, it is her husband, Jared Kushner, who is a driving force in the Donald Trump presidential campaign.
The young power couple meet through mutual friends and became engaged in 2009. They married three months later. They have three children.
Since Donald Trump launched his presidential campaign last year, Kushner, whose family members have long been big Democratic donors, has used his considerable resources to push for his father-in-law's candidacy.
"The fact is that my father in law is an incredibly loving and tolerant person who has embraced my family and our Judaism since I began dating my wife. His support has been unwavering and from the heart. I have personally seen him embrace people of all racial and religious backgrounds, at his companies and in his personal life," he wrote earlier this month after Donald Trump was accused of being anti-semitic.
Here are 10 fast facts about the man behind Ivanka Trump:
1. He is young and successful. At 35, he is already a real estate developer, investor and newspaper publisher.
2. He is very involved in Donald Trump's campaign. He has helped with online fund-raising and writing Trump's policy speeches, among other tasks, according to the New York Times.
3. He graduated from Harvard University in Massachusetts.
4. He is an Orthodox Jew and the grandson of Holocaust survivors.
5. His father, Charles Kushner, built a multibillion-dollar real estate business in New Jersey before he was sent to federal prison in 2005 for tax evasion by New Jersery Gov. Chris Christie, then the United States attorney for New Jersey and now an adviser for Donald Trump.
6. Kushner’s family could be hurt by Donald Trump's policies. His younger brother, Josh Kushner, is the co-founder of Oscar Health, a burgeoning healthcare start-up that has tried to profit from public exchanges created under the Affordable Care Act.
7. He purchased the New York Observer newspaper in 2006 when he was 25 years old.
8. His family was for decades heavily involved in Democratic politics in New Jersey.
9. Ivanka Trump converted to Judaism for her husband.
10. The couple got married at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.