New information has surfaced concerning the recent murder of a toddler in Gaston County, North Carolina. Three-year-old Jordyn Dumont’s remains were found Tuesday morning, following a call from her mother’s boyfriend, William Joseph McCullen. McCullen, who also goes by the name Billy, had reported the toddler missing Monday afternoon.

Dumont’s body was discovered, wrapped in a sheet, about 500 yards away from her home the Washington Post reported. A couple of hours later, McCullen was arrested in connection to the death and taken into custody. Later that day he was charged with first-degree murder.

WSOCTV reported that a preliminary autopsy released Thursday revealed that Dumont had died from “blunt force trauma.” She was said to have died about 24 to 36 hours after McCullen placed the initial call asking police to help him locate the missing girl, Fox 46 revealed.

McCullen had originally placed a panicked call to police when he found the front door wide open and Dumont missing. McCullen, who is not Dumont’s biological father, had been looking after the toddler and another child, one-year-old Angel, at the time.

“Yes, ma’m, my oldest daughter, I was taking a nap, I just woke up and I can’t find her anywhere,” a panicked McCullen had told a 911 dispatcher.

The Washington Post reported that the evidence linking McCullen to the child’s death was not disclosed by officials, but that there was information that might prove that McCullen was “the cause of her death.”

In the article published by WSOCTV, it was revealed that officials were called to the home a total of 49 times. Police responded to 16 of the calls in less than a year. Jordyn Dumont, Jordyn's mother, Jaylene Dumont, and Jaylene Dumont's boyfriend McCullen shared the home. 

Many of the calls, which reportedly began last November, were because of reports of strangers’ breaking-and-entering and stolen property. More telling are the calls placed by Jordyn Dumont’s biological father, Josh Kinnett, who placed calls to the police fearing for Jordyn’s safety and welfare. One call was reportedly made after Kinnett received a letter from the Gaston County Department of Health and Human Services. The call was placed back in June and police found no issues when they visited the home.