Were you lucky enough to score an Xbox One this week? Microsoft’s next-gen console is set to become an all-around entertainment center for the modern living room. You can play video games, watch movies, view television shows and talk to your friends -- all without even touching your controller.
The new Kinect for Xbox One makes all of this possible, and the motion sensor device comes included with the Xbox One’s hefty $499 price tag. Critics have stated that the voice commands are accurately recognized approximately 80% of the time. Here, we break down the top 10 Xbox commands that you need to know.
1. Xbox On – This command turns on your Xbox.
2. Xbox Select – This command displays voice commands on the screen, so everything written in green can be spoken.
3. Xbox Record That – This phrase records the previous 30 seconds of gameplay.
Continue Reading Below
4. Xbox Go Home – This request allows you to return to the home screen.
5. Xbox Go To – This tells your Xbox to launch an app or installed game.
6. Xbox Go Back – This command allows you to return to the previous screen.
7. Xbox Call – This command allows the user to start a video call to a person from your Skype favorites list.
8. Xbox Watch TV – This request launches cable or satellite TV.
9. Xbox Play Music – This command allows you to resume playing your most recent song in Xbox Music.
10. Xbox Bing – This direction will launch the search engine Bing and will find games, music, TV shows and movies.
Are you excited to use the new Kinect? Have you tried out the new voice commands yet? How efficient are they? Leave a comment below.