LaVar Ball isn’t shy about expressing his opinion. He lets his opinions fly — especially when it comes to his family. He was back at it again this week regarding his son Lonzo Ball and his future in the NBA.

In an interview with TMZ Sports Monday, when asked about his son’s future, 48-year-old LaVar Ball replied, "Everybody knows [Lonzo's] going to be a Laker." Ball reportedly believes that his son is going to be picked No. 2 overall in Thursday’s NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers.

This isn’t the first time that LaVar Ball had posited his son would be a Laker. In an interview in May, he said, "There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever. I'm going to say it again, in English, speak it into existence. In Spanish, speak it into existence. In Africa, speak that mother[expletive] into existence."

When LakersNation asked what teams his son would be trying out for, LaVar Ball made a statement on the Lakers once again. "That’s all we working out for is the Lakers," he said. "Just the Lakers. There’s nobody else that we need to work out for," he said.

READ: Latest NBA Rumors: LeBron James Could Be Heading To Los Angeles-Based Team

During his one season at UCLA, Lonzo Ball averaged 14.6 points, 7.6 assists and 6.0 rebounds per game. The young guard has only worked out for the Lakers during the pre-draft practices. If Lonzo Ball does end up in Los Angeles, he may have to fight for some playing time. The Lakers roster is chock-full of guards with Jordan Clarkson and former No. 2 overall pick D'Angelo Russell.

READ: NBA Rumors: Andre Iguodala Reportedly Considering Leaving Golden State Warriors

Lonzo Ball would either run with Russell or Clarkson at the guard spots, and it's highly unlikely all three guards will all be on the floor simultaneously. Wednesday after practice, he made it clear what he thought about Russell.

"They just need a leader, a point guard, and I think I bring that to the team," he said.

Russell may have also taken a jab at Lonzo Ball through Twitter in May. The Lakers point guard liked a tweet where a fan was upset with the idea of the team drafting another point guard, with the No. 2 pick.

The NBA Draft was dropped on its head Monday when the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers confirmed an agreement that switched their No. 1 and No. 3 overall picks. The projected No.1 pick Markelle Fultz, who worked out for the team last week, will most likely land in Philadelphia. Fultz averaged 23.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 5.9 assists in 25 games at Washington.

Boston received the No. 3 pick draft from Philadelphia and they will also land a first-round pick in 2018 and 2019. Seemingly a win-win for both ball clubs, Philadelphia gets the guard they coveted in Fultz, and Boston fell in with multiple future first-round picks by sliding down only a couple spots with the No. 3 pick.

The Celtics’ President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge told reporters Monday that he thinks the player Boston will go with at No. 3 would have been the same player that they would have grabbed had they kept their No. 1 pick. It’s likely that they will pick up the Kansas forward Josh Jackson after Philadelphia takes Fultz at No. 1 and Lonzo Ball lands with the Lakers at No. 2.

693551480
Lonzo Ball sits on the side lines after his work out for the Los Angeles Lakers at Toyota Sports Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7, 2017 Getty Images
MEET IBT NEWS FROM BELOW CHANNELS

© Copyright IBTimes 2022. All rights reserved.