A man who punched his ex-girlfriend unconscious, bragged about becoming “famous” after the video of the incident surfaced on Facebook, Monday.

Ashleigh Booth, 25, was knocked out by her ex-boyfriend, Gareth Warne in November 2017, leaving her with horrific bruises, a burst eardrum and a cut on her face.

Booth on Monday, released the horrifying footage on Facebook in order to share the story of domestic violence she had been facing. After the video emerged online, Warne took to the social media platform to brag and wrote, "Looks like am famous believe what ya want people."

In another comment he wrote, "Haha fun and games yeah I have seen the post - water off a ducks back.”

The disturbing video shows Warne becoming increasingly angry and lashing out at the victim who appears to be crying. The victim tries to push the man away but suddenly, he smashes her in the face. She is sent flying to the floor where she lies stunned for a while. The man then walks away, leaving Booth sprawled on the floor.

Booth said the man was convicted of assault the same month and handed a community order and a restraining order. However, since then, there have been several such instances of domestic violence.

"In November last, he broke into my dad's property and burst my eardrum by smacking me, leaving me unconscious whilst I was 4 weeks pregnant! All I wanted to do was share my story and show that domestic violence does go on and still goes on and is the most horrific thing anyone can deal with, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy!” she wrote.

“I have made mistakes, I haven’t been perfect and sometimes I could have done things differently but seriously haven’t we all?? I didn’t deserve any of what happened to me,” she added.

Several people offered Booth their support.

"Hope you and your kids are getting the support you need,” one Facebook user wrote.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesperson said, “West Yorkshire Police thoroughly investigate all reports of domestic abuse and provide support for victims. Officers will do all they can within legislation to prosecute offenders. Police are aware of a video circulating on social media depicting an assault on a woman in Halifax on November 4 2017. Police investigated the offence and a man was arrested and charged with assault on the same day. He appeared in court on November 6, 2017 and was given a community order with a restraining order not to approach the victim,” the Sun reported.

"In a similar incident this year, a 29-year-old Halifax man was charged with common assault and threatening behavior in relation to an alleged offence on a female victim which took place on 22 October 2018. He appeared at Bradford Magistrates Court on December 6 and was given court bail to face trial in March 2019. Police have been updating the victim in Halifax throughout and will be further speaking with her today,” the spokesperson added.