Notre Dame Fighting Irish players celebrate after defeating USC Trojans 24-17 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Nov. 24. Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images

Bettors are flocking to Saturday's early College Football Playoff game featuring two undefeated teams. The No. 2 Clemson Tigers (13-0) face No. 3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, in the Cotton Bowl Classic, with a spot in the national championship game on the line and with Clemson the heavy favorite.

The betting line has fluctuated, due in part to the suspension of Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence because of a failed drug test. Westgate Sportsbook opened on Dec. 2 with Clemson favored by 11.5 points. The line later moved to Clemson by 13 points.

As of 7:51 a.m. ET, Clemson is favored by 12 points. The over/under is 57 points.

Despite the one-sided odds, many are placing bets on Notre Dame.

"Notre Dame money-line is the real public side," Jason Simbal, vice president of risk for Las Vegas sportsbook operator CG Technology, reportedly told ESPN in a text message.

According to ESPN's Football Power Index, Clemson has a 71.5 percent chance of winning, while Notre Dame has a 28.5 percent shot.

Clemson is 7-6 against the spread this year, while Notre Dame is 6-4-2.

This marks the fourth consecutive year that Clemson has appeared in the College Football Playoff semifinals. Notre Dame last played for the national title in 2012.

Prediction: Don't be surprised if Notre Dame hangs around and makes things very interesting. However, Clemson should do enough to prevail in what promises to be an entertaining game. Keep an eye on Tigers running back Travis Etienne, who could figure prominently.

Clemson over Notre Dame, 35-27