Occupy Wall Street Protesters in New York and Oakland faced off with police the last two days, leading to over a hundred arrests in the two cities. Police officers were out in full force as they tried to quell the protests and violence that erupted in both cities.

Late on Wednesday, Occupy Wall Street Portestors in New York protesters took to the streets in order to show solidarity with their brethren, Occupy Oakland, who were forced out of their encampment earlier this week.

The Occupy Wall Street protesters were met with resistance from a heavy police presence there as well, however. This caused tensions to rise as the protesters left Zuccotti Park and began to march to Union Square. Reports from NY1 indicate that at least 10 people were arrested during the latest Occupy Wall Street demonstration.

The march began when the Occupy Wall Street general assembly came to an agreement to share some donations and supplies with Occupy Oakland, after Occupy protesters in other cities complained that New York refused to share their funds. They then decided to march from Zuccotti Park, to City Hall and into the SoHo section of Manhattan.

The NYPD tried to keep the protesters off the streets, however, some refused. They were then arrested by police and were met with jeers from the crowds. Officers were able to keep the protesters from marching over and blocking the Brooklyn Bridge.

As the march made its way to the West Village, some residents took offense to the way the police handled the incident.

It was very upsetting, said one neighborhood resident, who spoke with ABC News. I asked if I could speak to somebody in charge who could respond to the community. There is such a thing as community policing, where people do respond. They actually used profanity.

Back in Oakland, the city ordered the protesters who were encamped outside Oakland City Hall at Frank Ogawa Plaza to leave the area on Tuesday. City officials decreed it illegal for demonstrators to remain overnight. Protesters expressed their anger by clashing with police in riot gear as they threw bottles and turned over garbage cans. Oakland police were out in full force, however, as they forcibly removed the Occupiers, from their encampment. Police used non lethal means, such as tear gas, to attempt to disperse the angry crowd. During the melee, several people received injuries, including Iraq war veteran who was hit in the head with a rubber bullet. He is now in critical condition. More than 100 Occupy Oakland protesters were arrested during the clash, according to San Francisco Chronicle.

However, the protesters returned on Wednesday. This time, there were no clashes with police at Frank Ogawa Plaza. Crowds to continued to grow to about 1,000 as protesters continued to knock down fences, according to ABC News Bay Area affiliate KGO. City officials came to a compromise and allowed the protesters to peacefully assemble in the park, but would not allow them to sleep overnight.

As tensions continue to rise between demonstrators and police, residents of these cities are left to wonder what is the next phase in these. Could the violence escalate? Forbe's, David Marris thinks so. He conducted a survey and found that about 70 percent expect these protests to end in dramatic, similar to the protests in Greece. This could mean an major increase in clashes with police departments, more arrests and more injuries. A worst case scenerio could end in a full on riot with deaths on from the Occupiers and police officers.

There's a lot of anger in this protest, said a New York demonstrator to ABC. It's crazy, it's just a show of how much the people want to come together and support each other.