“Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 just dropped a ton of spoilers. The ABC drama released a synopsis for the new season that reveals a lot of new information to help fans who are missing their weekly dose of Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team. The summary, which can be seen in full at Marvel’s website, is filled with exciting information, but these are the most important things you need to know:
1. May is Gone – “Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen), has yet to return from an impromptu vacation with ex-husband Andrew (Blair Underwood),” the synopsis states. Some time off isn’t a bad thing, but the summary also notes that the premiere picks up “many months” after the finale. As previously reported, May might have a difficult time returning to S.H.I.E.L.D.
2. Bobbi’s Recovery – Despite several months passing, Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki) is still healing. Mockingbird is “recovering from her traumatic torture at the hands of Grant Ward (Brett Dalton).” Though fans have to wonder if the synopsis is referring to physical or emotional wounds.
3. Fitz’s “Obsession” – Audiences already know that Fitz (Ian DeCaestecker) is one of the only team members left looking for Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) after the finale, but it might be a little more than dedication. The engineer will be “obsessed with discovering the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of Simmons.”
4. An NFL Player Joins The Cast – Matthew Willig, who won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 1999, will join the action/adventure show as Lash, an Inhuman familiar to comic book readers. Lash might not be a good guy, but he might not be a bad guy either. His “loyalties remain ambiguous,” according to the synopsis.
— SuperHeroHype (@SuperHeroHype) August 26, 2015
5. New Inhuman – Juan Pablo Raba will play Joey, who is described as an Inhuman who is “struggling to harness his newfound abilities.” Joey isn’t the name of any Inhumans from Marvel Comics, so this could be an original character.
6. New Government Agency – “Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 will also introduce the ATCU (Advanced Threat Containment Unit). Constance Zimmer’s mysterious character will lead this new organization along with her partner Banks (Andrew Howard), but they might not get along with Coulson. The synopsis also teases “the rise of a new government organization that will go toe-to-toe with S.H.I.E.L.D.”
“Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 premieres Tuesday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC.