After days of radio silence, bridal gown retailer Alfred Angelo finally released a statement about the sudden mass closures of its stores around the country. Brides, bridesmaids and employees awoke last week to find the company’s doors shuttered with virtually no warning.

“Alfred Angelo filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on Jul. 14, 2017,” the company posted in a long-awaited statement on its website. “As a result, all stores and wholesales are closed. Margaret Smith was appointed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee. If you wish to be contacted regarding your order status once information is available please send an email to: We will post additional information regarding the status of dresses on this website as it becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience and hardship resulting from this event. We appreciate your patience.”

Read: Alfred Angelo Store Closures Sends Brides Into A Panic

The company’s closure left more than a few brides without wedding dresses for their upcoming nuptials. Some women said they were called by their local stores shortly before they closed for good in an attempt to get their wedding dresses to them, but others said there was no warning at all and they are still without the gowns they put down a deposit for.

Brides and bridesmaids weren’t the only ones affected: in many instances, employees were just as shocked to find out their store had closed. One unidentified Alfred Angelo store manager said they were blindsided by the closure because the store didn’t issue any prior warning to the employees.

“People have children, people have families, people have mortgages,” the manager told the Wall Street Journal Thursday. “We call ourselves the front lines, dealing with brides, which can often be a stressful time. And we represented the company the best we could because we love the work. But the company didn’t represent us.”

Police were called to a store in Tukwila, Washington after employees were flabbergasted to find they no longer had jobs.

“The employees of a bridal company in town arrived at work this morning to discover that they no longer had jobs and the company was folding,” Tukwila police said Thursday in a statement on Facebook.

Police also had to deal with customers trying to forcibly open the doors at the very same store.

“They called me at 2 p.m. and said, ‘The store is closing for good at 5 p.m. local time. The company is going bankrupt. Unfortunately, we can’t give you your money back but you can come in and look at the dresses we have,’” Heather Fleming, who had paid $1,600 for her dress and other items, told the Seattle Times.