“American Horror Story” released a new trailer for Season 4, “Freak Show,” ahead of its Oct. 8 premiere. The video, which was obtained exclusively by Buzzfeed, sheds new light on the frightening drama in store for fans of the FX mini-series. Check out five things we learned from the trailer:
1. Freaks on Display – Set in the 1950s, the “American Horror Story: Freak Show” trailer reveals that those who attended were not there to be amused – they were there to gawk at the “freaks.”
2. Pepper’s Return – Pepper (Naomi Grossman) is the first “American Horror Story” character to be featured in two seasons. The character first appeared as a patient in Season 2, “Asylum,” and can be spotted in the first two seconds of the trailer as a performer in the freak show.
3. Bette and Dot’s Arrival – Bette and Dot (Sarah Paulson), conjoined twins, appear to be recent additions to the freak show run by Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange). After living a horrible life of being misunderstood, the conjoined twins seem to have sought freedom as a performer. But one of the girls doesn’t seem to be that thrilled to join the freak show.
4. Nobody Wants Freaks Living Nearby – Residents don’t fancy having “freaks” live nearby. A man arrives at their homes, threatening to have a group run them out of Jupiter.
5. The Most Frightening Smile You Will Ever See – The final seconds of the trailer gives “American Horror Story” fans a look at this season’s “big bad” – Twisty the Clown.