Amoeba Parasite has caused second death in a month's time.

The victim is a nine-year-old boy from Virginia, who got infected with a dangerous freshwater amoeba, a Richmond Times-Dispatch report said.

The boy, Christian Strickland, died on Aug. 5 and the autopsy confirmed the death to have been a consequence of primary amoebic meningoencephalitis entering the brain.

Strickland died hardly a week after Courtney Nash, 16, from Florida succumbed to the same parasite caused infection. It is the first death in Virginia from amoeba parasite since 1969.

The parasite is commonly found in lakes and rivers.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the disease is not communicable and spreads rapidly, resulting on death within days. Health officials say, that though the disease is not very common, it does increase during summer.

Amber Strickland, Christian's mother said that he might have been infected when he dunked in an unidentified water body during a fishing camp he attended a week before he died, reported Foxnews.

"He went from playing video games to being brain dead," she said.

The symptoms of the infection could be a change in the sense of smell or taste, fever, sudden headache, nausea, vomiting, confusion and loss of balance.

Progression of the symptoms is rapid and could cause death in three to seven days, a Mayo Clinic Web site stated.