The international Samsung Galaxy Note with the model number GT- N7000 recently received an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update (UBLSF).
Users of the Samsung Galaxy Note GT- N7000, who have not yet updated their devices to the new firmware, can get it done through Samsung Kies. However, if the official upgrading process doesn’t work for you, you can install the new firmware with the help of a manual procedure also.
The manual installation process, explained below, will use the Odin flashing tool that helps installing or repairing any firmware on an Android device.
Here are the firmware details, followed by some of its key features:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Continue Reading Below
Build Date: February 2013
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Galaxy Note 2)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Galaxy Note 2)
- Notification Panel (Can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can now be disabled
- Smart Rotation
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets from the Galaxy S3
- 2 Home screen modes
- Google Now
Below is a manual installation tutorial for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. But before going ahead, there are certain aspects you must be aware of:
- A proper backup of your data, apps and settings is must
- The Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 should be fully charged
- The USB drivers for the device must be installed on the computer
- USB Debugging must be enabled
- After flashing the firmware, you will lose custom ROMs such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP installed in your device
- You will also lose custom recovery such as ClockWorkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any
- After installing it on your Galaxy Note, you will lose root if you have any
It must be kept in mind that this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000.
NOTE: Users must proceed at their own risk. IBTimes cannot be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (UBLSF) for Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download Odin v3.07 and extract the file.
Step 3: Switch off Galaxy Note and put it on the Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen.
Step 4: Run Odin as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect Galaxy Note to your computer via the USB cable while in Download mode.
Step 6: Select the following files from extracted N7000 UBLSF firmware folder:
- Click on PDA and select the .tar file with CODE in its name
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file. Use this file only if you get it while extracting the zip file mentioned in Step 1 or else just ignore it
Step 7: In the Odin, make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using a .pit file, ensure that re-partition checkbox is selected.
Step 8: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process.
Step 9: After the installation is complete, the device will restart on its own. Once you get the Samsung logo on the home screen, unplug the device from the computer.
[Source: Team Android]