The Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P) received a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update (XXAMC2) recently. The firmware update is now available on Samsung Kies. However, the same can also be installed in the Galaxy S2 Plus manually in case of any difficulty with the official upgrade.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus was announced in the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 that was held in Las Vegas earlier this year. The handset comes with a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM with 8 GB internal storage. It uses a Broadcom VideoCore IV HW GPU instead of the Mali 400MP used in the original Galaxy S2.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXAMC2) firmware in question is more of a bug fix and regular maintenance update. Being an unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P. Here’re the firmware details:
Continue Reading Below
Date: 2013 February
The Jelly Bean firmware in question is an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM. Therefore, users do not need to use any custom recovery like ClockWorkMod to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXAMC2) on their device.
Users should also know that since the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXAMC2) is an official firmware build, installing it will remove the root access on the device. Users will be required to root the Galaxy S2 Plus once again.
Things To Do Before You Proceed
- Back up all the data in your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P
- Ensure that Galaxy S2 Plus USB drivers are installed on the computer [Download]
- Enable USB debugging – Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging (for Android 2.3 phones) or Settings > Developer options > USB debugging (for Android 4.0 phones)
- The device should have at least 80 percent of battery life
- The process is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P). The users must check their device's model number in: Settings > About Phone
NOTE: IBTimes cannot be held responsible for anything that goes wrong. Users should proceed at their own risk.
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 (XXAMC2) for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT- I9105P and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download Odin v3.07 and extract the file.
Step 3: Switch off the phone and put it on the Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen.
Step 4: Run Odin as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect Galaxy S2 Plus to your computer via the USB cable while in the Download mode.
Step 6: If the phone is connected properly, you will see that the ID: COM section turns Yellow. If not, check whether the USB drivers are installed properly in your computer.
Step 7: In Odin, click on PDA and select the .tar file with CODE in its name that you have got after extracting the XXAMC2 Firmware Package in Step 1.
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name (Ignore this step if there is no such file)
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file. Use this file only if you get it while extracting the zip file mentioned in Step 1 or else just ignore it
Step 8: In the Odin, make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using a .pit file, ensure that re-partition checkbox is selected.
Step 9: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process.
Step 10: After the installation is complete, the device will restart on its own. Once you get the Samsung logo on the home screen, unplug the device from the computer.
If your device gets stuck at booting during the installation process, go to the recovery mode. To do this, first switch off your device, then press the Volume Up + Home + Power Button to enter in the Recovery mode. Once you are in the Recovery mode, select the option of “Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.”
[Source: Team Android]