Apple began its Black Friday deals in the U.S. late on Thursday, offering special "(PRODUCT) RED"-branded iTunes gift cards with the purchase of various products. And, the value of the gift card varies based on the products purchased.
Here is a complete list of gift card values:
- iPhone models with gift card amount of $50: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c
- iPad models with gift card amount of $50: iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini
- Mac models with gift card amount of $100: iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Retina iMac and Retina MacBook Pro
- iPod models with gift card amount of $25: iPod touch and iPod nano
- Apple TV with gift card amount of $25
- Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and speakers with gift card amount of $25
Apple's Black Friday shopping promotion is a one-day sale event, and the deals are available both at its physical stores and on the company’s online store. And, for every gift card given away on Friday, the company says it will donate a percentage to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, a Geneva-based organization. Apple’s Black Friday sale comes in the midst of a two-week campaign run by the Cupertino-based technology giant over Thanksgiving to generate donations for Project RED.
“Apple is a proud supporter of (RED) because we believe the gift of life is the most important gift anyone can give,” CEO Tim Cook said in a statement. “This year we are launching our biggest fundraising push yet with the participation of Apple’s retail and online stores.”
In addition to Apple, several other retailers too are offering heavy discounts on the company’s products.
Best Buy is discounting its iPad stock by up to $100, while MacMall is offering up to $300 off on MacBook Pros with Retina display, $201 off on the new iMac with Retina 5K display, and $601 off on the new Mac Pro. Target and Walmart too are offering significant discounts through gift cards with discounts of up to $100.