“Sangria” singer Blake Shelton is fighting back after In Touch Weekly magazine claimed he went to rehab after his split from “Over You” singer Miranda Lambert, Entertainment Tonight and TMZ reported Monday. Shelton filed suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court Monday against Bauer Media, the parent company of In Touch, seeking at least $2 million in damages for defamation and false light invasion of privacy.

The magazine’s Sept. 28 cover reads: “The Real Story: Rehab For Blake.” But that wasn’t all. It also had salacious bullets that added: “Blake has hit rock bottom” and “What he did while wasted that destroyed his marriage.”

Shelton, 39, is not in treatment and does not plan to seek help. “Blake Shelton has had enough,” the lawsuit says. “Mr. Shelton is not in rehab and has no plans to go to rehab.”

The lawsuit continues:  “Accordingly, Mr. Shelton hereby commences this action both to set the record straight ... and to recover damages for the harm Bauer has done to his reputation."

Blake Shelton Country singer Blake Shelton, pictured Sept. 19, 2015, is reportedly getting close to Gwen Stefani's kids. Photo: Getty Images

The singer has joked about tabloid rumors. “I’m not in rehab,” he tweeted in early October. “I have to pick up a magazine every now and then to see what my alter ego, I guess, [is doing].”

Shelton talked about drinking during a set at the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas last month. "So then, I just want y'all to know, I got nervous and I'm still nervous right now, and when I get nervous I tend to drink a little bit, OK," he told the audience, according to People magazine. "I'm just being honest with you.”

Rehab isn’t the only rumor he has had to battle. Shelton also is said to be dating fellow NBC “Voice” coach Gwen Stefani, 45. The two have both denied the rumors and the former No Doubt singer even joked about it.

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella