BTS' Suga has finally dropped his long-awaited mixtape, and "Agust D" certainly exceeded expectations!
BTS fans have waited quite a while for Suga to release his solo tracks. The 23-year-old rapper of the Bangtan Boys (comprising of Rap Monster, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook) has been working on his mixtape for over two years. Earlier this year, Suga only teased a bit of his new music on his birthday on March 9, but he did not share anything else about it prior to the Aug. 15 release.
In his mixtape, Suga touched on a wide variety of topics, but most of his lyrics focus on intimate subjects he has held close to his chest since debut, including his mental health, depression, his family, his thoughts on being a rapper and debuting as an idol, his struggles before passing the auditions of his current agency, BigHit Entertainment, and more.
Check out our top 10 favorite lyrics from his new mixtape, "Agust D" below.
2. "I know it seems pathetic to not have a dream like everyone / 'Everything's going to be alright if you go to university and do as we tell you' / I believed in those words, but I'm living because I can't die" - "So Far Away" (Feat. 수란 (SURAN) (translation by @papercrowns)
4. "I knew what it was like to live with far from enough / The graveyard shift part-time job I started because of that the time I went to school was always different / If I went to school all the kids came from rich families / They spent many times my monthly living expenses just on alcohol / And f--ck, what, what? You say you don't have any money / Shut the f--ck up, a--holes, shut your f--cking mouths" - "치리사일사팔 (724148)" (via @papercrowns)
5. "If you ask why I succeeded, there's no one answer / During that short time I slept less than you and moved more and grew / Still it seems like even if I don't know the secret to success, I know the secret to failure / Playing like y'all do and fluttering around is the secret, I won't live like that even if I die" - "Give It To Me" (translation by @papercrowns)
6. "I tried to do music in a little more style, first thinking I'd better get out of Daegu / The powerful footsteps of this pimply high schooler fade out in front of one audition poster" - "치리사일사팔 (724148)" (via @papercrowns)
8. "It's not that I couldn't do 'Show Me the Money,' it's that I said I wouldn't, sh-t / It's not that you guys who betrayed us didn't do it, it's that you couldn't, sh-t" - "마지막 (The Last)" (via @papercrowns)
What were your favorite lyrics from Suga's mixtape "Agust D"? Share your top picks from the BTS rapper's album below! To listen and download Suga's complete mixtape, click here.