Chris Hemsworth found out that he is no longer the Sexiest Man Alive Wednesday. People magazine gave the title to the Australian actor last year, but soccer player and model David Beckham won the moniker this week. Hemsworth wrote a hilarious little note on Twitter to express his feelings about the loss.
First, the actor was taunted by his “The Huntsman” co-star Jessica Chastain. “Oh man...you must be devastated. I know how much this title meant to you,” she tweeted at him.
Hemsworth thanked Chastain for reminding him that he is “over the hill” (even though Beckham is 40, while Hemsworth is 32). He also posted a picture of a note so he could express his feelings in more than 140 characters.
“Although I knew for the last 12 months this day would come, it still hurts,” he writes. He goes on to talk about being forgotten, but he is also sure to note that the new titleholder is “so dreamy.” Read the full note below:
— Chris Hemsworth (@chrishemsworth) November 18, 2015
The “Thor” actor has often joked about the title. In February, he said that he and his wife, Elsa Pataky, both thought it was amusing. “She thinks it’s as funny as I did!” he told the Mirror. “We had a good laugh about it. It’s ridiculous but I’ll take it while I can because this may be my peak. I might start to decline and fall apart now. The grey hairs are starting to show already.”
Beckham faced a similar reaction from his family this year. His wife, Victoria Beckham, and their three sons didn't take the award very seriously. “We kind of laughed about it with the boys,” Beckham told People. “And the boys kind of laughed at me and said, 'Really?! Sexiest man alive? Really?’”
People's Sexiest Man Alive issue hits newsstands Friday.