America will get its first look on Monday, July 23, at the alleged gunman said to be responsible for the infamous Colorado shooting that took place late last week.

James Holmes is set to make his first court appearance at around 11:30 on Monday morning, giving the American public its first look at the suspect since his arrest in an attack that reportedly left 12 moviegoers dead and 58 other injured.

Prosecutors will have 72 hours from the hearing to formally charge the 24-year-old Aurora resident originally from California.

Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney Carol Chambers told the Associated Press on Monday her office is considering pursuing the death penalty against Holmes. She said a decision will be made in consultation with victims' families. Police have told reporters that evidence uncovered in the days following the incident suggest calculation and deliberation in the massacre that rocked the nation.

While it much has been learned about the man accused of opening fire in a crowded movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, authorities have been tight-lipped about a possible motive in the case. In addition, police spokesman Frank Fania told CNN late Sunday that Holmes has been uncooperative with investigators and requested an attorney.

Holmes' first court appearance is also said to be followed by his families first public statement.

The Holmes family, while having not spoken publicly since the allegations against the suspect, did issue a short statement saying they did not wish to be disturbed at the time of this tragic event.

As the story behind James Holmes and his alleged plot to kill unfolds, Police have discovered records that indicate the 24-year-old received many deliveries over the past four months to his home and work addresses. According to Aurora Police Chief Daniel Oates, the deliveries seem to be directly connected to some of the materials used in the attack and those found at his apartment.

The most recent reports from five area hospitals housing the wounded victims from Friday's attack say at least 17 people remain hospitalized -- eight in critical condition.