- Zynga (ZNGA) Stock Price Jumpstarted By Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Comments
September 12 2012 10:58 AM
In his first public appearance following his social media company's disastrous IPO in May, Mark Zuckerberg's address at Tuesday's TechCrunch Disrupt helped boost the shares price of Facebook's (Nasdaq: FB) close partner Zynga (Nasdaq: ZNGA), which has retained its prominence on the social network's app marketplace despite continuing financial woes and a seemingly endless round of executive departures. Zynga reached a recent stock high in mid-morning morning trading on Wednesday, f...
- Apple Leaks iPhone 5 Press Release, LTE Features On Website Ahead Of Event Date
September 12 2012 10:45 AM
New evidence discovered directly on Apple's website tells us that the name of the new iPhone, expected to be unveiled today in San Francisco, could very well in fact be "iPhone 5." Search results on Apple also included references to LTE on the iPhone, which would also appear to confirm the rumor that the iPhone 5 will support the high-speed Long-Term Evolution network.
- Apple Shares Open Tepidly Ahead of iPhone 5 Debut
September 12 2012 9:55 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, rose $2.04 to $662.63, Wednesday in advance of the expected announcement of the iPhone 5 at a product introduction in San Francisco, which isn’t scheduled until late morning.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade: Apple Seeds Final Developer Build Before iPhone 5 Event
September 12 2012 9:53 AM
As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
- Chesapeake Energy To Raise $6.9 Billion Via Asset Sales
September 12 2012 9:18 AM
Chesapeake Energy Corp said it will sell most of its Permian Basin properties to Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Chevron Corp and a majority of its pipeline assets to raise about $6.9 billion in cash.
- Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against Samsung
September 12 2012 9:06 AM
With just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Facebook Shares Vault After Zuckerberg’s Mea Culpa
September 12 2012 8:59 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, vaulted 6 percent in pre-market Wednesday trading following CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s acknowledgement of “disappointing” performance since the highly touted May 17 initial public offering.
- Indonesia - Smoking Itself To Death
September 12 2012 6:14 AM
Indonesia is the fifth-largest cigarette-producing market in the world. The government generates 6 percent of its revenue from taxes on tobacco.
- 2013 Mazda CX-5 Review: The Little Engine That Could Use Some Spices
September 12 2012 6:13 AM
The 2013 Mazda CX-5 crossover is an example of utilitarian design and great gas mileage, but it will leave car enthusiasts a bit wanting in the speed and handling departments.
- Mark Zuckerberg Aligns Facebook Story With Mobile, Search; Manages To Reverse FB Scrip Fortunes
September 12 2012 5:22 AM
Facebook scrip (FB) seemed to rise against the tide as it posted a gain of 3.30 percent or 62 cents to end at $19.43 Sept.11, after its shares recorded a fall of over 2 percent in early Sept.10 trade before recovering to close $18.79, down 19 cents or 1 percent. The revival despite Co-founder Dustin Moskovitz selling shares stemmed from CEO Mark Zuckerberg's assurance to revive Facebook growth story and align services toward mobile and search functions.
- Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Accuray, Digital Generation, Santarus, Facebook, Applied Micro Circuits, Globecomm, Xyratex, Education Management, STEC, Lattice)
September 12 2012 2:13 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Accuray Inc, Digital Generation Inc, Santarus, Facebook Inc and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Globecomm Systems, Xyratex Ltd, Education Management Corporation, STEC Inc and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation.
- A Decade Later, Airlines Could Lose Billions In 9/11 Lawsuit
September 11 2012 5:49 PM
Damages in a lawsuit filed against American Airlines (PINK:AAMRQ), United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) and other companies in connection to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks could total upward of $2.8 billion.
- Steam Greenlight: Valve Announces First Round Of Top Indie Games, Steps Further Into User-Generated Publishing Model
September 11 2012 5:46 PM
Always a fan of user-generated content and community-oriented software development, Valve Corp. released the list for its first round of independent games from its new "Steam Greenlight" program on Wednesday. Titles include "Black Mesa," "Cry of Fear," "Dream," "Heroes & Generals," and "Kenshi," all of which ranked at the top of the community's most popular titles on the new Greenlight platform.
- Google, Boingo Expand Wi-Fi Partnership With Another 4,000 Hotspots: What This Means For The Future Business Of Wireless Providers
September 11 2012 4:33 PM
Google Inc. and Boingo Wireless Inc., made another bold move Tuesday to position themselves as a prominent resource for wireless services by establishing another 4,000 mobile hotspots across the United States. As a promotional event to advertise the new expanded partnership with the companies are also making Wi-Fi free in all the new locations "through the end of September," Boingo said in a statement.
- Trade Magazines Struggle To Stay Relevant: Why Digital May Not Be The Only Answer
September 11 2012 4:23 PM
Once indefensible, industry trades have seen their influence diminish in recent years. Trade magazines such as Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Backstage and Advertising Age have all tried different ways to cope with a migration of readers from print to the Web.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features We’re Putting Our Money On As Release Date Nears
September 11 2012 3:51 PM
We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- Flat Burberry Sales Pull High-End Brands Down
September 11 2012 2:43 PM
After London-based Burberry Group PLC (LON: BRBY) reported flat comparable-store sales for its second quarter, market watchers are trying to digest cross signals in the luxury goods market.
- iPhone 5 Event: Apple May Release Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade To Address Battery Life
September 11 2012 2:13 PM
It's been about a month and a half since Apple released OS X Mountain Lion into the wild, and even though iOS will be the centerpiece of Wednesday's iPhone 5 event in San Francisco, reports say Apple will also announce release a new update for Mac users on OS X Mountain Lion that day, which will reportedly fix an issue with fast-draining battery life. On Monday, Mac Observer was able to test a series of three Mac laptops running OS X Mountain Lion, and discovered that the 10.8.2 upgrade .....
- Apple’s iPhone5 Intro: 5 Things That May Go Wrong
September 11 2012 1:01 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5 on Wednesday but there are at least five pitfalls that could endanger the company's huge success in the market. Here they are.
- New Routes Into Myanmar + Limited Hotel Rooms = Soaring Prices
September 11 2012 12:15 PM
It’s hard being the next big thing -- just ask Myanmar.