- Samsung Galaxy S3 August Sales Surpassed iPhone 4S, Analyst Notes
September 04 2012 2:42 PM
Sales of the Galaxy S3 from Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930)in August surpassed those for the I Phone 4S in the U.S. for the first time, said analyst T. Michael Walkley, of Cannacord Genuity.
- Apple Hints iPhone5 Debut Will Be Next Wednesday
September 04 2012 12:52 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, sent out invitations to a product launch in San Francisco for next Wednesday titled “it’s almost here.”
- Nokia Bets The Company: New Windows 8 Phones Key To Recovery
September 04 2012 12:38 PM
Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- iPhone 5 News: Apple May Release Event Invitations Within Next Two Days [RUMORS]
September 04 2012 11:39 AM
It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.
- Facebook Shares Keep Falling, Set New Record Lows
September 04 2012 11:31 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, went into a freefall Tuesday, plunging about 2.5 percent to keep setting new lows. After falling as low as $17.58 in late morning, they recovered slightly to $17.63, down 43 cents, after the first two hours of trading.
- Valve, Maker of Steam and Source Software, Turns To Hardware
September 04 2012 10:52 AM
Bellevue, Wash.-based Valve, the software developer behind the critically-acclaimed Half-Life series, the Steam network for distributing games and the Source engine, is reportedly interested in building hardware. Valve, which was founded by two former Microsoft employees in Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington, added a job posting to its site on Tuesday morning for an industrial designer.
- China Will Become No. 1 Smartphone Market In 2012: IDC
September 04 2012 9:35 AM
The world’s most populous country will become its biggest smartphone market by year-end, market researcher IDC estimates. It may account for 26.5 percent of all shipments compared with only 17.8 percent for the U.S.
- Cambodia To Deport Pirate Bay Co-Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg To Sweden
September 04 2012 8:15 AM
Cambodia has decided to deport popular BitTorrent site Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, who was arrested Aug.30, for violation of copyright laws and enabling illegal downloading of music and films.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Biggest Threat To The Pirate Bay Could Be International Cooperation After Gottfrid Svartholm Arrest
September 02 2012 6:36 PM
When Gottfrid Svartholm was arrested in Cambodia, it signaled BitTorrent sites that governments around the world will continue to cooperate in the effort to stop online piracy -- something Demonoid, Megaupload.com, the Pirate Bay, and others already know.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: New Earphones Video Showcases Redesigned Accessory To Accompany iPhone 5
September 02 2012 8:15 AM
With just 10 days to go for the Apple September 12 event, a new video on Vietnamese portal Tinhte.vn showcases redesigned earphones that is likely to accompany the next-generation iPhone.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Is Trying To Block iPhone Competition, Says Samsung
September 01 2012 10:20 AM
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (KRX: 005930) on Saturday accused Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) of resorting to litigation in an attempt to limit consumer choice after the iPhone maker said it was seeking to halt U.S. sales of Galaxy S3 smartphones.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Adds Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note To Revised Galaxy Nexus Compliant
September 01 2012 12:50 AM
The patent war between Apple and Samsung will apparently never end as the iPhone-maker filed a revised complaint with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California Friday, in which it added two versions Samsung's Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note to its original complaint against Galaxy Nexus and other related devices.
- UTorrent's Monetization Of File Sharing Proves Online Piracy Is Big Business, Even After Demonoid
August 31 2012 7:43 PM
Shortly after Demonoid was removed from the Internet, the popular site uTorrent announced it would begin to sell advertisements on its service, signaling to the Motion Picture Association of America and Recording Industry Association of America that the battle against online piracy will only get tougher.
- IBM To Offer Cloud TV Services To Philips Customers
August 31 2012 3:10 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the No. 2 computer company, said it will start providing services in the cloud for consumer electronics makers, starting with Dutch giant Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG).
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- Publishers Agree To Reimburse E-Book Customers $69M In Price-Fixing Scheme
August 31 2012 11:26 AM
Hachette Book Group, Simon & Schuster and HarperCollins Publishers will have to issue reimbursements ranging from 25 cents to $1.32 per book to customers who paid inflated e-book prices between April 1 and May 21, 2010.
- Facebook Sets New Low After Insiders Jumped Ship On Lockup Expiration
August 31 2012 10:52 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, set another new record eight days after insiders were first allowed to sell out after the May 17 initial public offering.
- Apple May Announce iPhone 5 Event On Tuesday, Sept. 4 [RUMORS]
August 31 2012 10:38 AM
If Apple's history can predict its future, we might expect the Cupertino, Calif.-based company to release invitations to its media event, allegedly scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12, eight days prior on Tuesday, Sept. 4. This reported date is not based on fact, or word from any source from within Apple; this is rather based on Apple's past when it comes to releasing its media event invitations.
- Workday, PeopleSoft Founder?s 2nd Try, Sets $400M IPO
August 31 2012 9:11 AM
Workday, the human-resource software company started by PeopleSoft founder David Duffield, filed for a $400 million initial public offering sometime later this year.