- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: Alleged Sept. 21 Release Date Coincides With FedEx 'Surge'
September 07 2012 11:02 AM
Apple is all set to unveil its next-generation smartphone next Wednesday, but when can we expect to see the iPhone 5 on store shelves? Reports for the last several months have pegged Friday, Sept. 21 as the new iPhone's alleged release date, and a new report released Friday gives more credence to the rumors.
- Apple Shares Set Record Highs Ahead Of iPhone Intro
September 07 2012 10:47 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, set new record highs Friday ahead of next Wednesday’s announcement of a new member of the iPhone family, perhaps the iPhone 5.
- Google Shares Hit $700 For 5-Year High [HOLD for David Z…don’t move]
September 07 2012 9:50 AM
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine and maker of Motorola phones, set an all-time record high of $700, slightly more than eight years after the Mountain View, Calif.’s initial public offering that raised $1.67 billion.
- Intel Warns Chip Sales Slid; Chops Revenue Estimate To $13.2B
September 07 2012 9:43 AM
Intel (Nasdaq: INTC), the No. 1 chipmaker, warned third-quarter sales would be far below prior estimates, chopping as much as $600 million from predictions.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Partners New Firm For iPhone Chips Supply
September 07 2012 4:21 AM
Apple has placed some memory-chip orders for its upcoming iPhone with Asian chip makers and has moved away from Samsung for this component, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
- AAPL: Apple Scrip Continues To Surge As New Amazon Tablet Makes Debut; iPad Mini, Ecosystem To Provide Apple With Convincing Lead
September 07 2012 4:01 AM
As Amazon (AMZN) launched its much-awaited Kindle Fire Thursday attracting rave reviews, its top competitor Apple (AAPL) posted gains in the street ending the day at $676.27, gaining $6.04, almost 1 percent higher than the previous close.
- Amazon Debuts Kindle Fire Upgrades, “Paperwhite”e-Reader
September 06 2012 2:29 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, announced a new model of its Kindle Fire tablet, priced at $159 and available Sept. 14, as well as a new version of its e-reader dubbed Paperwhite, priced at $179 and $119.
- Samsung: Facing Same China Abuse Charges As Apple, Can It Also Emerge Unscathed?
September 06 2012 12:19 PM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions
- Amazon Leaks Kindle Fire 2 Commercial Ahead Of Thursday's Announcement; Release Date, Price Details Still Unknown [VIDEO]
September 06 2012 11:16 AM
All eyes may be on Apple's iPhone announcement next week, but on Wednesday night, Amazon strategically "leaked" an ad for its newest line of Kindle e-readers and tablets a day ahead of the company's planned launch event for those products. Amazon is expected to hold a press conference on Thursday, which many believe will see the unveiling of new Kindle devices, including a sequel to the Kindle Fire, unofficially dubbed "Kindle Fire 2."
- Samsung Says 10M Galaxy S3s Sold In Only 6 Weeks
September 06 2012 9:55 AM
Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. The announcement cements the South Korean electronics giant’s lead as the No. 1 seller in the Android OS sector.
- iPad Hacking: Was Obama's iPad Compromised In Antisec Hacking? Is Romney Also A Victim Of Hacking Attack?
September 06 2012 6:16 AM
Even as FBI denied Antisec Hacker group's claim that it stole personal identification data from millions of Apple device owners, news of Obama's iPad being compromised is making rounds in technology circuits.
- AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 Release
September 06 2012 3:20 AM
Apple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
- Ubisoft Abandons DRM For PC Games: What This Means For Consumers
September 05 2012 5:39 PM
Ubisoft Entertainment announced on Wednesday that it is abandoning its always-online digital rights management (DRM) practices for PC games, ending a long battle between the software publisher and its critics and consumers over the controversial anti-piracy measure.
- Google Introduces Three Motorola Razr Phones Ahead Of Apple Units
September 05 2012 3:09 PM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, which now owns the Motorola brand, refreshed its product line with three new members of the Razr brand line in a bid to recapture past success. They’re the first major new lines since Google completed the $12.5 billion acquisition of the former Motorola Mobility in May.
- Capcom Unveils New Strategy In Attempt To Raise Profits
September 05 2012 11:36 AM
Capcom, who has been facing tumbling revenue over the past few quarters, has come up with a plan to turn things around. These plans include smaller development teams and shorter development schedules.
- Nokia Debuts 2 Windows-based Lumias But Shares Plunge 13%
September 05 2012 11:11 AM
Despite taking the wraps off its anticipated Lumia smartphones using the new Windows 8 from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, Nokia’s shares plunged 11 percent after CEO Stephen Elop claimed, “We need to succeed with this and take it to the next step.”
- Facebook Stock Prices Swing Amid Mark Zuckerberg's Reassuring Vows To Boost Investor Confidence
September 05 2012 7:35 AM
Facebook's (FB) stock continued to witness swinging fortunes as its prices hit an all-time low of $17.55 Tuesday before closing at $17.72, almost 1.82 percent lower than the previous close. Amidst the fluctuating fortunes, CEO Mark Zuckerberg declared that he would not sell any shares at least for another one year.
- Samsung Dominates Western European Phone Market In Q2, Apple Impacted By iPhone 5 Rumors: IDC
September 05 2012 6:14 AM
On the heels of a positive first quarter, the Western European mobile phone market failed to maintain a positive trend, due to a weaker economic environment and the new product launches expected in the third quarter, said a new report by market research firm IDC. The total shipments of devices dropped 1.9 percent year on year to 42.1 million units.
- Apple (AAPL) Awards Recently Promoted Top Executives With $50 Million Stock Grants Ahead Of iPhone 5 Launch
September 05 2012 5:15 AM
As the countdown for the next-generation iPhone launch, largely viewed as "iPhone 5" knocks down to a week, news of recently promoted Apple (AAPL) executives receiving generous stock grants worth over $50 million is making waves.
- Apple iPhone 5 Sept. 12 Media Event Officially Confirmed: Will It Excel Samsung Galaxy S3?
September 05 2012 2:52 AM
Turning long-running speculations into fact, Apple sent out invitations Tuesday, confirming a special media event related to the next iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Sept. 12. The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10 am PT.