The Eurovision 2012 results this weekend placed Sweden on top with 372 points, Russia second with 259 and Serbia third with 214. Host country Azerbaijan was fourth with 150 points. Norway finished last with just 7 points.
The points of the event were awarded by televoters and a professional jury from each participating country.
The Eurovision Song Contest, which dates back to 1956, is viewed by about 125 million people worldwide each year. It is organized by the European Broadcasting Union and described by the Associated Press as harmless, kitschy fun that allows Europeans to forget their differences.
Below are the names of the artists and songs, with accompanying videos, of the top 10 finishers.
1. Sweden - Loreen - Euphoria
2. Russia - Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody
3. Serbia - ?eljko Joksimovi? - Nije Ljubav Stvar
4. Azerbaijan - Sabina Babayeva – When The Music Dies
5. Albania – Rona Nishliu – Suus
6. Estonia – Ott Lepland – Kuula
7. Turkey – Can Bonomo – Love Me Back
8. Germany – Roman Lob – Standing Still
9. Italy – Nina Zilli - L'Amore È Femmina (Out Of Love)
10. Spain – Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo (Stay With Me)