“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” was a fun return to the Wizarding World for many “Harry Potter” fans, but some already want more. Luckily, the magical adventure was just one of five movies. Though the first has only been in theaters for a few days, we already have information on the next one. Screenwriter J.K. Rowling and director David Yates have let out some spoilers for “Fantastic Beasts 2.”
1. Grindelwald — Expect much more Johnny Depp in the sequel. Director David Yates even revealed that the 2018 sequel will have less focus on Newt’s (Eddie Redmayne) creatures to accommodate Grindelwald’s storyline. “Currently the beasts feature slightly less in the second film, and Grindelwald takes more of a foreground,” Yates admitted to the Leaky Cauldron.
2. European Adventures — The second film will leave New York. Yates also confirmed that Paris and the U.K. would be explored. “We do go back to the U.K. in the second film as well — it’s U.K. and Paris,” he said. “I’m not sure where Jo is setting the rest of the movies, but they’ll be European-centric. I think it will be difficult to ignore America, but the next one is predominately Europe.”
3. Dumbledore — The “Fantastic Beasts” producers are starting the casting process for a young Dumbledore. Those who read “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” know that he is very connected to Grindelwald’s story.
4. Returning Characters — Newt will obviously be featured, and Tina (Katherine Waterston) and Queenie (Alison Sudol) will also return. However, it isn’t clear if Jacob (Dan Folger) will join them. The ending of “Fantastic Beasts” showed his memory getting wiped, but Queenie still visited his bakery.
5. Lestrange Family — When Zoe Kravitz was announced in a mysterious small role, the Hollywood Reporter revealed that she could have a “meatier role” in the sequel. The first film makes it clear that Newt and Leda Lestrange were once friends (and maybe more), and it’s hard to imagine the other movies not delving into their history.
6. Timeline — Expect Newt to get older over the next four films. Rowling revealed that the first film starts in 1926, but the fifth film will wrap up in 1945.
7. Release Date — You can already start the countdown for the sequel. It is scheduled to hit theaters on Nov. 16, 2018.