A source close to Princess Love, the former girlfriend of Floyd Mayweather Jr., disputes rumors that the woman set up a robbery at one of the boxer’s Las Vegas homes, and claims that the boxer may have orchestrated the robbery himself.
The unnamed source told Bossip that the Mayweather robbery, which reportedly took place on the night of the 37-year-old’s fight against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, was actually Mayweather’s attempt to get back at Princess Love because the former stripper was no longer interested in dating him.
“Princess Love no longer wanted to be with Floyd Mayweather,” the source alleged during an interview with Bossip. “He lied to her about [fiancé] Miss Jackson and many other things and as his lies started to unravel she realized how much she did not want to be a part of that.”
Furthermore, the source claims that only two Rolex watches were stolen from Mayweather’s Las Vegas home, Bossip reports. An initial report by Larry Brown Sports suggested that eight watches and nearly $10,000 in cash had been stolen after Princess Love “set up” Mayweather to be robbed.
Bossip’s source added that the Princess Love left Mayweather in the middle of his fight against Alvarez. According to the source, Princess Love was angry that Shantel Jackson, Mayweather’s fiancé, was seated ringside at the fight instead of her.
In text messages obtained by Bossip, Mayweather allegedly tells his rumored side girlfriend that he’s “not in control of tickets” for the fight, and asks Princess Love if “tickets define [their] relationship.” Princess Love rejects the excuses, claiming that she refuses to be disrespected and “will be out of [Mayweather’s] condo at the end of the month.” The Mayweather robbery reportedly took place shortly after the alleged text-message exchange, which can be read, in full, here.
The source continues, claiming that Princess Love contacted Mayweather as soon as she realized that a robbery had taken place. “A robbery did happen but it was Floyd who had sent his assistant to break into where Princess lived and take only a select few items while she was at the fight,” the source told Bossip.
“He continued to insist that her friends had most likely robbed her and that he was the only person she could trust. This was an attempt to get her to cut all ties to friends and move closer to him so that he could have total control.”
Princess Love took to social media last Friday to defend herself against accusations that she set up Mayweather to be robbed. She posted a series of text messages allegedly exchanged between her and Mayweather, in which she confronts the boxer about the reports of her misdeeds.
“Why are you lying telling the media I robbed you?” she wrote in one text message. Mayweather allegedly responded by telling Princess Love to “stop texting [his] phone with kid stuff.”
Throughout the alleged text-message conversation, Mayweather refuses to directly address her accusations regarding the robbery. Princess Love has since deleted her Instagram account.
Reports that Princess Love had set up Mayweather to be robbed originated last Thursday, when a source told Larry Brown Sports that she had conspired with another woman to commit the crime. The source also confirmed that Princess Love was having an affair with rapper Ray J, an accusation first made by 50 cent in a now-infamous Instagram rant.
Tom Barrabi is a reporter for the International Business Times. He graduated from Fairfield University in 2011, and has also written for Men's Fitness, Complex, GuySpeed, and...
- Chloie Johnson, Transgender Athlete, Sues CrossFit Over Women's Division Ban
- Report: 'Botched Botox' Caused Bob Costas' Eye Injection At Winter Olympics
- Oscar Pistorius's Ex-Girlfriend Testifies, Claims He 'Cheated' On Her With Steenkamp
- Ken Griffey Jr. Apologizes For Awkward Interview, Blames 'Cough Attack'