Google will probably add a +You button to its YouTube property before the end of the year, thereby further accelerating user sign-ups, according to an analyst from Global Equities Research.
Converged view is that Google will add +You button similar to what they have done on Google Search to Google's YouTube, analyst Trip Chowdhry wrote in a note to clients.
Previously, the +You button on Google Search has been very successful in driving sign-ups to Google+. Google+ citizenship is believed to be mirroring global Internet citizenship - probably 27 percent from U.S. and 73 percent from the rest of the world.
The following is the converged view on YouTube's user engagement:
* 35 hours of video footage is uploaded to the site every minute
* More video is uploaded every 60 days than the three major US television networks produced in 60 years
* 70 percent of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.
* Over 2 billion videos are viewed every day
* Over 5 million people have found and subscribed to a friend's channel using YouTube's friend-finding tools