“Ink Master” star Scott Marshall died in October, and now fans know why. The official toxicology report reveals that the reality star's cause of death was an accidental drug overdose.
Marshall, 41, was found dead in his hotel room in Roselle, Illinois on Oct. 25. He had a mix of “xanax, Valium, and the metabolized form of heroin,” in his system, TMZ reports. The coroner deemed his death accidental.
The coroner’s report also indicates that Marshall mostly likely had used drugs before. Marshal had a “‘red crusted abrasion’ on his thigh and foot, suggesting prior intravenous drug use,” TMZ notes.
Rest In Peace, Scott Marshall. Our condolences to his family and friends. pic.twitter.com/65pAsTTMj6
— Ink Master (@SpikeInkMaster) October 27, 2015
Johanna Marshall, the tattoo artist’s wife, previously revealed that her husband called her and said he’d stay in a hotel because he wasn’t feeling well enough to make the commute home. When Scott didn’t answer his phone the next day, Johanna grew concerned and police officers delivered the news of her husband’s death later that day. Scott is survived by Johanna and their three children.
Scott won Spike’s “Ink Master” in May 2014. He won $100,000 and a spread in Inked magazine. Season 4 runner-up Walter "Sausage" Frank expressed his sympathies shortly after news of Scott’s death hit the internet. “Even though we had differences... Scott is an amazing dad & a phenomenal artist,” Frank wrote. “You'll be missed.”