James Harrison had some rather inflammatory words for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in an interview with the magazine Men's Journal.
Here are some comments that Harrison gave about Goodell.
- If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him.
- My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a bitch who loves hitting the hell out of people. But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty - till Roger Goodell, who's a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league.
- I should have another ring. We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes [in the AFC title game]. They got busted for it later, but, hey, they're Goodell's boys, so he slapped 'em $500,000 and burned the tapes. Was he going to rescind their Super Bowls? Man, hell no!
- What I tried to explain to Goodell, but he was too stupid to understand, is that dudes crouch when you go to hit them. With Massaquoi, my target area was his waist and chest, but he lowered himself at the last possible second and I couldn't adjust to his adjustment. But Goodell, who's a devil, ain't hearing that. Where's the damn discretion, the common sense?
- I'd have whispered in his ear, 'Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?' (On what he would say to Goodell if he had the opportunity to speak into the microphone after the Super Bowl.)
Other quotes from Harrison, not in the article:
- Superman ain't got nothing on me. Kryptonite? C'mon now. You're never going to hear me say that somebody is tougher than me. Because I don't believe somebody else could be tougher than me.