Jennifer Lawrence reportedly got all choked up on the set of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" in Atlanta recently -- and it almost cost the young actress her life.
According to the Indo Asian News Service, Lawrence, 23, was reportedly in danger of "choking to death" from a faulty fog machine on the set of the next film in the "Hunger Games" series.
"Filming came to an abrupt halt when this fog machine broke and began spewing so much dense smoke during a tunnel sequence that Jennifer literally disappeared from sight," a source told ShowbizSpy.com. According to the insider, the scene was "horrifying," and it caused panic on the set.
"An assistant director screamed, 'Shut off the smoke machines, get those big fans running ... and get Jennifer out of there!" the source said.
Reportedly, Lawrence was rescued several minutes later, carried out by crew members. "[She] was hacking and gagging," the report read. The film star reportedly suffered from nausea and vertigo following the incident.
Continue Reading Below
It's not clear whether any of the other "Hunger Games" stars were involved in the incident, but the report does indicate that other unidentified actors were heard "choking" and "gagging" while trying to maneuver their way out of the dense smoke.
This isn't the first time Lawrence has been injured while filming a "Hunger Games" movie. The Oscar winner was on the set of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" when she reportedly badly injured her ear filming an underwater sequence. "I went deaf in one ear for months," Lawrence revealed, adding, "I got all these ear infections from the diving and water and all that stuff, and then a jet from one of the cornucopia scenes punctured my eardrum."