“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in Paris Monday, but some netizens claimed the theft was orchestrated by the Kardashian camp. The famous family is known to thrive on attention, and many believe the break-in is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
1. Where were the security guards? One of the main problems naysayers have with the robbery is that the Kardashians, especially Kim, are always surrounded by security. While the family admitted their main security guard, Pascal Duvier, was with Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner at a club, where was the rest of the security team?
Duvier has not been blamed for the robbery, either. “Kim is not blaming Pascal. She felt completely safe at the Paris apartment and doesn't believe this is his fault in any way,” an insider told Us Weekly Monday.
2. It could have been for higher ratings. Another accusation is that the robbery was just a plot for the reality show, which also hinges on the fact that there was no security around when Kardashian was mugged. When E!, the network that films “KUWTK,” released a statement, they added that reality show cameras were not filming in Paris during the attack.
“All of us at E! are incredibly thankful that Kim Kardashian West is safe, and we send her and her family our love and support,” a statement to Us Weekly Monday read. “‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’ was not filming at the time of the robbery. Our focus right now is entirely on Kim’s well-being.”
3. Greed. A different accusation by Twitter users claims it was just an insurance scam. Most people find it hard to believe Kardashian, 35, traveled with more than $10 million in jewelry.
6. It was gang related. The Pink Panthers have a history of stealing millions. Kardashian’s armed robbery bears similarities to past crimes that were carried out by the infamous gang. They have stolen more than $280 million dollars in jewels since 1984.
6. It was Donald Trump. Lastly, and possibly most outlandishly, some think Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump arranged the theft so people would focus about the news on Kardashian instead of him.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella