Last week, Life & Style magazine reported that Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler were engaged. Shortly afterwards, Cavallari tweeted a denial.
New week new rumor. I'm not engaged u guys, Cavallari tweeted late Monday.
Just over a week later, she's reversing her denial.
This time its official..Jay and I are engaged again :), @KristinCav tweeted.
So what happened? Did Life & Style break embargo? Was Cavallari trying to keep the engagement under wraps for awhile but gave up? Did someone close to Cutler leak a proposal redux before it took place?
We may never know.
The Life & Style report quoted an unnamed insider with last week's news of the engagement.
Kristin is over the moon with happiness, the source reportedly told Life & Style. She's already told her friends that the engagement is back on. They haven't set a new date yet.
The Chicago Bears quarterback abruptly ended their engagement on July 23, just days after Cavalli had been photographed in her wedding dress for a Life & Style spread (though the wedding date was expected to be somewhere in 2012).
Cavallari joined the cast of Dancing with the Stars shortly after the broken engagement, which reportedly left her heartbroken.
Cutler appeared on DTWS to support his former bride-to-be, prompting speculation about a possible a reconciliation.
Cavallari confirmed the two were an item again in her denial of reports that she had come between Kourtney Kardashian and her boyfriend Scott Disick (who just announced they are expecting their second spawn).
It's disrespectful to me and Jay, Cavallari told Access Hollywood.
Cavallari has not provided any details about the new wedding date, but we're keeping an eye out for updates. Stay tuned!