June has been quite a busy time for the video game industry. The annual E3 developer's conference kicked off the month in its first week, and long-awaited downloadable content packages for two of the biggest games in the industry brought June to a close. Now July has rolled in, and the Twitter community has compiled a list of their favorite video game parody titles. Here's a list of the 10 wittiest, most clever or just plain silly mock-up names to surface as a result of the #LameVideoGames trend.
1.Call Me Maybe, Duty. There were a ton of 'Call of Duty' parodies, but this one tops the list. After all, there's nothing more obnoxious than having Carly Rae Jespen's radio hit stuck in your head while you're trying to gun down some of Lev Kravchenk's henchman.
2. Math Effect. Change the last two letters of the first word and you have one of the most addictive sci-fi RPG-shooters of all time. But Math Effect sounds like something I probably flunked in fifth grade.
3. Mortal Wombat. Aren't all wombats mortal? There were some other notable Mortal Kombat references, such as Mortal Krumpet, but this one tops it.
4. Mario's Grocery Kart. I'm guessing this would include lots of mushrooms, some peaches, banana peels, you get the picture...
5. Occupy Wall Street Fighter. I think we saw enough of this in October. No more pepper spray, please.
6. Accordion Hero. Lame video game or extremely difficult video game? The accordion is not an easy instrument...
7. Grand Theft Bicycle. Escaping police chases, picking up prostitutes, and other illegal mischievous activities aren't nearly as cool when you're on a bike.
8. Differential Equations With Friends. It takes long enough to get friends to respond when they're stumped with a word. There's a reason why you can't find any math games in the iOS or Google Play store.
9. Max Lower Back Payne. Chiropractors would have an unfair advantage in this game.
10.Pokémon Red: Magikarp Edition. I don't know what would be worse, this or Pokémon Green: Metapod Edition.
Come across any better video game parodies today? Share them in the comments below.