The highly anticipated reunion of the “Full House” cast on the upcoming Netflix spinoff just got a little more complete. Original cast member Lori Loughlin confirmed on Thursday that she will return for the new project.
The 50-year-old actress appeared on Good Morning America to promote her role in the Hallmark channel series “When Calls the Heart.” While there, she dropped the news that she has officially struck a deal with Netflix and the producers to reprise her role as Becky Katsopolis (formerly Becky Donaldson) in the binge-watchable return.
“Officially, I am going to be a part of the reboot, or spinoff, 'Fuller House,'” the actress said Thursday morning.
“Fuller House” will kick off with a special one-hour reunion that will bring back most of the principal cast of the original 90s sitcom. After that, a full 13-episode spinoff series will go up featuring DJ Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure) needing help taking care of her two children after her husband passes away. She enlists the aid of her sister Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) and her best friend Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber). The two move in with DJ and, thus, the “Fuller House” is born.
“I’m very excited. It’s going to be really great to be back with the whole cast, it’s going to be a lot of fun,” Loughlin said. “We’re going to help Candace, Jodie and Andrea spinoff the new show ‘Fuller House.’ So we’ll come back and do the first episode and then, maybe, throughout the season we’ll pop up here and there.”
While Loughlin’s presence helps round out the cast a little bit, it’s been confirmed that the Tanner family will not return in full for the reunion. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who played Michelle Tanner on the show, confirmed that they will not have any part in the series.
“They’ve chosen not to be a part of it,” Loughlin said. “We would have loved it, it would have been great, but I understand.”
Previously Loughlin herself wasn’t necessarily on board for the reunion after it was announced in April. The actress revealed to Access Hollywood that she, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier were still in discussions to return despite Netflix already green lighting the project.
"I think we would all like to come back, if the powers that be are fair to all of us," she said. “We want to be there, we want to come back. It’s up to them.”
Luckily for “Full House” fans, it seems that she and the producers have reached an agreement, leaving Sage and Coulier the current holdouts.