- High-Speed Trader Slows Down IPO
April 18 2014 9:54 AM
The move comes after Michael Lewis wrote a critical, high-profile book on high-speed trading, which he claims rigs financial markets.
- That Sinking Feeling About China Real Estate Just Deepened
April 18 2014 9:24 AM
In Beijing, high-end housing prices fell 5.5 percent in the first quarter from last year's fourth quarter.
- Wal-Mart Moves Deeper Into The War For Your Wallet
April 18 2014 7:53 AM
Wal-Mart's new money-transfer service, which begins April 24, will challenge dominant players like Western Union and its partner, MoneyGram.
- Slowdown In Global Shipping -- Sign Of Deflation?
April 17 2014 6:43 PM
While the Baltic Dry Shipping Index has long been considered a predictor of the global economy, the drop isn't as foreboding as it seems.
- Thurs. Futures Point To Lower Open
April 17 2014 5:35 AM
Ahead of the long weekend, data on jobless claims and a packed earnings calendar should influence markets.
- Mortgage Mess Pushes BofA Into Red
April 16 2014 7:33 AM
Costs hanging over from the financial crisis created a half billion dollar loss for the bank in its first quarter.
- Wed. Futures Suggest Upbeat Open
April 16 2014 5:29 AM
Quarterly earnings announcements and economic data should influence Wednesday's session.
- UK Unemployment Rate Falls Below BOE Threshold
April 16 2014 5:12 AM
The unemployment rate fell to a level below the one originally set by the Bank of England for considering an increase in interest rates.
- Nasdaq Drop Doesn't Presage Weak Earnings From Established Tech Companies
April 15 2014 2:54 PM
Despite the Nasdaq's tumble last week, the tech stock situation isn't nearly as bad as people think.
- Tues. Futures Suggest Subdued Open
April 15 2014 5:53 AM
Quarterly earnings, data on inflation and housing, and opening remarks from Janet Yellen at a Fed conference should influence markets.
- Diageo Plans To Raise Stake In United Spirits For $1.9B
April 15 2014 2:18 AM
The latest open offer is the second attempt by Diageo to gain a larger stake in the Bangalore, India-based company.
- The One Sanction Russia Would Feel Immediately
April 14 2014 6:57 PM
IBTimes talks to Duke professor Campbell Harvey about the financial "nuclear option" that would have severe costs - for both sides.
- Mon. Futures Suggest Weak Opening
April 14 2014 5:31 AM
After last week's volatile sessions, which ended with the markets losing a lot of ground, earnings and economic data should guide markets.
- Citigroup Cuts Nearly 300 Jobs
April 14 2014 3:57 AM
At the end of 2013, Citigroup had reduced its employee count by more than a fifth to 251,000 from 323,000 in 2008.
- NASDAQ Composite Falls, Marking Its Worst Week Since 2012
April 12 2014 11:10 AM
Though stocks rebounded this week, weaker earnings dragged the stocks down again.
- In Choice of New Chief Economist, China Sends A Message
April 11 2014 4:33 PM
The former chief China analyst at Deutsche Bank is considered an insider in both the Western and the Chinese financial worlds.
- Fri. Futures Suggest Weak Opening
April 11 2014 6:01 AM
Value-buying could stem losses while quarterly earnings of major banks, and data on PPI and consumer sentiment could influence moves.
- Nasdaq Down 3% As Investors Sell Big Gainers
April 10 2014 5:53 PM
The taxman took a bite out of U.S. stocks Thursday as investors sold to come up with the taxes due on short- and long-term capital gains.
- Big Banks Brace For A Bad Earnings Season
April 10 2014 4:29 PM
Expectations for U.S. company earnings are on a slippery slope down Wall Street.
- Coming To The Rescue In Detroit: Chinese Money
April 10 2014 4:00 PM
For Chinese investors, items in the Detroit Institute of Arts collection would be a point of national pride, not just portfolio pieces.