- Jittery Nikkei Claws Back Up, But Asian Markets Down Overall
May 24 2013 7:24 AM
Japan's Nikkei recovered from a record fall to end a volatile day of trading in positive territory.
- Who Is Madoff Accusing Now?
May 23 2013 3:08 PM
Carl Shapiro, the only living person accused by Bernie Madoff today, denied any knowledge of the Ponzi scheme.
- IRS Official To Take The Fifth On Those Alleged 501(c)(4)s
May 21 2013 4:48 PM
Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS' tax-exempt application division, sparked a media frenzy when she issued an apology May 10.
- China's Wealth Management Sector Shrinks
May 21 2013 12:24 PM
As a result of recent regulation, Chinese banks are offering fewer new products, but all is not lost for China's wealth management products.
- Surprise! (To No One) - Jamie Dimon Set To Remain JPMorgan Chairman, CEO
May 21 2013 11:59 AM
CEO Jamie Dimon survives vote to strip him of chairmanship.
- New China Fund Eyes International Private Equity Opportunities
May 20 2013 9:09 AM
The so-called Chinese Momentum Fund is seeking capital from investors abroad for the dollar-denominated fund to invest globally.
- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- China Inflating Export Numbers For Months
May 17 2013 11:13 AM
China has over-reported its exports for the last five months, and its economy is growing much less than widely believed.
- Another Bad Day For Bloomberg; Citi Blocking Its Chatrooms
May 16 2013 2:41 PM
Citigroup is banning its forex traders from using their Bloomberg terminal chat rooms to talk to each other -- but they can still use it for outside clients.
- US Consumer Price Index (CPI) Decreased 0.4% In April
May 16 2013 8:37 AM
The US Consumer Price Index (CPI) Decreased 0.4% In April.
- British Bank HSBC To Slash 5.5% Of Its Worldwide Payroll
May 16 2013 7:15 AM
HSBC will declare 14,000 layoffs through 2016 in an effort to save up to $3 billion.
- Land of the Rising GDP: Japan's Economy Climbed Last Quarter
May 16 2013 12:45 AM
Japan's Economy grew the most in a year last quarter, as GDP rose an annualized 3.5 percent.
- Dow, S&P 500 Set Record Highs
May 15 2013 4:07 PM
Question: How can you tell when the stock market sets a record high? Answer: When your watch says it's 4 pm.
- Europe's No. 2 Economy Falls Into Double-Dip Recession
May 15 2013 10:44 AM
German exports and investments fell in the first quarter as French exports declined, too, for the second quarter in a row.
- EU Raids BP, Shell, Statoil Offices Over Price Fixing
May 14 2013 6:13 PM
The EU is investigating whether oil giants colluded in reporting distorted prices to fix market prices for oil.
- Another Day, Another Record High On Wall Street
May 14 2013 4:43 PM
U.S. stocks extended their record-breaking streak Tuesday on a broadly based surge fueled by the Fed's easy money policy.
- Chinese 'Grannies' To Leave Sale Of Their Gold To Their Children
May 14 2013 12:54 PM
Talk about buy-and-hold: Chinese "grannies" appear to have the world's longest time horizon when it comes to gold investing.
- CFTC Investigating Commodities Markets
May 14 2013 1:25 AM
The CFTC is investigating the legitimacy of more than 1 million energy and metals transactions by the biggest traders.
- In A Post-Libor Era, No More ‘Just Trust Us’ From Banks
May 13 2013 3:31 PM
The era of banks deciding for themselves how much to charge one another for money is probably over.
- Coinbase Eyes Europe
May 13 2013 1:09 PM
What does Union Square Ventures’ Fred Wilson know about Coinbase that other investors might want to know?