- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar
July 28 2014 6:53 AM
Dollar Tree's offer represents a premium of about 23 percent over Family Dollar's stock-price close on Friday.
- Hospira Aspires To Save On Taxes With $5B Danone Deal: Reports
July 28 2014 3:15 AM
President Barack Obama has criticized companies for harming the U.S. economy by “cherry-picking the rules” to avoid taxes.
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Stocks To Neutral From Overweight
July 26 2014 5:29 AM
Goldman Sachs downgraded its global equities allocation to neutral only in the short term, as the brokerage is still overweight stocks in the longer term.
- Maybe It's Time To Rethink Amazon's Growth Story, Again
July 25 2014 4:31 PM
Amazon just said it might lose close to a billion dollars next quarter, and investors barely blinked.
- Where Do The World's Millionaires Live?
July 25 2014 12:44 PM
A newly released study shows which cities have the highest percentage of millionaires.
- Alibaba’s Yu’E Bao Fund Wades Into Deeper Waters
July 25 2014 3:39 AM
According to a report, the fund is shifting focus to longer-term investments and riskier products to sustain attractive rates of return.
- SEC Steps Up Probe Of Barclays Over 'Dark Pool' Trading
July 24 2014 4:48 PM
The bank's motion to dismiss the N.Y. fraud charges -- claiming only the SEC has the authority to do that -- may come back to haunt it.
- Finnish Christian-Aid Workers Slain In Western Afghanistan
July 24 2014 4:10 PM
The Finnish workers were killed in their taxi by two men brandishing guns on a motorcycle.
- Norway's State-Run Investment Fund May Sell $8B Of Russian Assets
July 24 2014 8:08 AM
Norway's oil-funded portfolio is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.
- Analysts Expect Huge Revenue Growth For Facebook's Q2
July 23 2014 10:33 AM
Facebook is expected to grow revenue by more than 55 percent in the second quarter.
- Millennials Banking On Cash Over Stocks
July 21 2014 1:14 PM
More young adults prefer to invest in cash for the long-term than any other age group, according to a new Bankrate.com survey.
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- How The BRICS Development Bank Serves China's Interest
July 18 2014 12:27 PM
China's economy dwarfs the other members of the BRICS. Why does Beijing even need to share power in a new development bank?
- MH17 Crash Brings Down Asian Stocks
July 18 2014 2:18 AM
The crash affected shares of Malaysia Airlines as well as those of Cathay Pacific Airways and Air China.
- Morgan Stanley Quarterly Profit More Than Doubles
July 17 2014 8:03 AM
Morgan Stanley, ranked No. 2 globally in mergers-and-acquisitions, benefited from a strong equities market in the quarter.
- New Sanctions Cause Russian Shares And Ruble To Tumble
July 17 2014 5:17 AM
The new U.S. sanctions effectively shut off medium- and longer-term dollar funding for companies close to Vladimir Putin.
- Google Search Results Now Include Bitcoin Prices
July 16 2014 12:14 PM
Finding the current bitcoin price and conversion rates can now be done entirely in the Google search engine.
- Bank Of America Quarterly Profit Drops 43%
July 16 2014 7:25 AM
Mortgage revenue fell and litigation costs increased at Bank of America in the second quarter.
- BlackRock's Q2 Profit Rises 11%
July 16 2014 7:10 AM
The New York-based asset manager reported net income of $808 million.
- Why Nearly 1 Million Community College Students Can't Get Federal Loans
July 15 2014 8:59 PM
Here's how community colleges can help students get loans -- and repay them.