- China To Welcome The Bank Of Alibaba?
March 11 2014 10:58 AM
China's banking sector is ripe for a shake-up as a number of private companies are granted permission to set up entirely private-funded banks.
- 81 Percent Of Finance Industry Bosses Are White
March 11 2014 10:54 AM
The financial services industry does not have a very diverse management group.
- The Little-Known Relationship Between China's Shadow Banking Sector And Copper
March 11 2014 10:40 AM
Up to half of China’s warehoused copper may be used in informal financing deals as collateral.
- Dozens Quit HSBC's Hong Kong Office For Chinese Banks
March 11 2014 7:02 AM
Some banks like HSBC are trying to trim their retail-brokerage arms as competition is heating up in an already tough market.
- Tues Futures Suggest Subdued Open
March 11 2014 6:29 AM
Tuesday seems set for a slow start amid a lack of fresh economic data and a tapering off of the earnings season.
- UK Industrial Production Growth Slows Slightly
March 11 2014 5:53 AM
While there was a decline in production growth on a monthly basis, data showed that year-on-year growth had picked up pace.
- 8 Things You Should Know About Alibaba's Yu'E Bao
March 11 2014 5:45 AM
Could online investment platform growth chip away at state-controlled banks’ effective monopoly over China’s vast pool of savings?
- Italy Q4 GDP: Slight Growth
March 11 2014 5:20 AM
Further, while quarterly GDP growth was in line with expectations, annual GDP slipped more than expected.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course
March 11 2014 12:16 AM
The BoJ cited developments in emerging markets and the pace of recovery in the U.S. and EU economies as potential risks to its outlook.
- Why China's Rhetoric Is Shifting On Its Property Market
March 10 2014 12:46 PM
China’s top leaders are emphasizing the need to adopt differentiated property market regulations rather than a “one-fit-for-all” policy.
- China Data Rattles World Markets
March 10 2014 8:44 AM
Weakening Chinese economic data from the weekend affected markets on Monday.
- Mon Futures Point To Subdued Open
March 10 2014 7:04 AM
Earnings statements from more retailers and economic data on jobs, retail sales and sentiment should guide markets this week.
- Court Filings Show Lapses In Due Diligence At Credit Suisse
March 10 2014 6:19 AM
U.S. authorities have also claimed that the company helped thousands of Americans evade more than $10 billion in taxes.
- Nigeria’s Auditor General Says Constitution Prohibits Audit
March 07 2014 9:23 AM
Nigeria’s Auditor General told a senate committee that he won’t be looking into alleged billions owed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
- February US Job Market Thaw
March 07 2014 8:41 AM
It's the best news since winter started: The U.S. economy added more jobs in February than most experts expected.
- Earnings For March 10-14: Urban Outfitters, Dollar General
March 07 2014 6:52 AM
Here's your cheat sheet for next week's earnings reports.
- German Industrial Production Up In January
March 07 2014 6:18 AM
Industrial production measures output at factories, mines, construction sites and utilities, with fifty or more employees.
- Fri Futures Signal Slow Start
March 07 2014 5:44 AM
At the end of a volatile week, markets seem ready for a breather ahead of data on jobs and trade.
- ATM 'Skimmers' - An Epidemic?
March 06 2014 2:01 PM
Thieves are able to use fake card scanners and cameras to record bank card data, and have been stealing profusely.
- Bitcoin Star Autumn Radtke Found Dead; Suicide Suspected
March 06 2014 11:40 AM
Autumn Radtke was called a “rising star” in the bitcoin community.