- MH17 Crash Brings Down Asian Stocks
July 18 2014 2:18 AM
The crash affected shares of Malaysia Airlines as well as those of Cathay Pacific Airways and Air China.
- Barclays Fined $44M for Gold-Price Fixing, Trader Banned
May 23 2014 7:19 AM
The bank was penalized for mismanaging conflicts of interest between itself and its customers, and for having inadequate controls in place.
- India's Gold Imports To Rise With Newly Relaxed Norms
May 23 2014 3:51 AM
The World Gold Council expects demand for gold from India to increase by nearly 3 percent over last year.
- 12 Dead In Colombia Gold Mine Collapse
May 04 2014 8:44 PM
Rescue workers on Sunday dug through about 65 feet of heavy debris to reach victims of Wednesday's accident at an illegal mine.
- Fair Trade Gold Q&A – An Ethical And Political Niche
April 23 2014 1:58 PM
We spoke to one of the few North American jewellery retailers who carries Fairtrade gold, sourced from poor miners in South America.
- Indian Man Swallows $16K Worth Of Gold Bars
April 21 2014 1:56 PM
- Even Chinese Grannies Have Sworn Off Gold
April 16 2014 5:42 AM
The Chinese gold-buying frenzy of 2013 has ebbed as quickly as it erupted.
- In Japan, A Gold 'Rush' Ahead Of A Tax Increase
March 31 2014 12:16 PM
On Tuesday, Japan’s sales tax is slated to rise from 5 percent to 8 percent.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Robot Trading Blamed For 'Flash Crash' In Gold
March 28 2014 11:02 AM
One prominent analyst cites the effects of high-volume computerized trading.
- Gold’s Safe Haven Allure Returns, For Now
March 27 2014 1:12 PM
Gold prices have risen over tensions in Ukraine. Are the recent gains sustainable? Or Pyrrhic?
- Why Germany's Central Bank Is Discussing Gold Repatriation Progress
March 26 2014 10:29 AM
A German central bank official criticized certain speculation about the central bank's motives as “wild and ridiculous conspiracy theories.”
- Russia Gold Sales Flagged As Outside Risk, If Sanctions Come
March 13 2014 6:14 PM
But Russia’s central bank has been a strong and consistent buyer of gold in the past several years.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.
- Even Amid Consumers' Profit-Taking, Turkish Gold Demand Remains Robust
February 26 2014 10:50 AM
Gold demand rose the third fastest in the world in Turkey in 2013, for consumers.
- Arctic Gold Mining: Risks And Rewards
February 24 2014 11:27 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines’ Meadowbank gold mine saw record production in 2013.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.