- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.
- Even Amid Consumers' Profit-Taking, Turkish Gold Demand Remains Robust
February 26 2014 10:50 AM
Gold demand rose the third fastest in the world in Turkey in 2013, for consumers.
- Arctic Gold Mining: Risks And Rewards
February 24 2014 11:27 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines’ Meadowbank gold mine saw record production in 2013.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- Gold Leads In 2014 Asset Return, So Far: Goldman Sachs
February 17 2014 1:02 PM
Gold has posted a return of 8 percent for the year to date, compared to a 2 percent gain in the NASDAQ.
- US Investors Warming Up To Gold Again?
February 17 2014 9:23 AM
As gold breaks free from narrow trading ranges, U.S. investors are once again showing interest in the metal as a form of insurance.
- Why Myanmar Adopted International Gold Measurement Gauge
February 14 2014 10:30 AM
By adopting the international gold measurement standard, the Southeast Asian takes another step away from isolation.
- Gold Dealers May Avoid Bitcoin On Regulatory Fears
February 12 2014 4:58 PM
Confusion over money laundering rules seems prevalent at a few gold dealers.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- How Much Gold Did Chinese Grannies Buy In 2013?
February 10 2014 9:29 AM
Chinese gold consumption recorded a 41 percent leap in 2013.
- Why Unpopular Gold Mining Stocks Could Outperform Gold In 2014
February 10 2014 9:24 AM
The call to switch to gold mining stocks is increasingly popular among industry experts.
- Gold Prices Below $1,200 Could Mean Production Cutbacks
February 04 2014 6:50 AM
The World Gold Council estimates that about 30 percent of the gold mining industry becomes unprofitable below $1,200 per ounce.
- Mexican Pension Funds Show Interest In Gold
February 03 2014 12:31 PM
Interest from Mexico mirrors investments by Japanese pension funds, which have boosted gold holdings in recent years.
- Gold Sentiment Sees Modest Positive Signals
January 20 2014 8:21 AM
Flows into specialist exchange-traded products (ETPs) saw their largest daily inflows since January 2013.
- China Central Bank Still Likes Gold
January 17 2014 9:29 AM
Industry sources say the Chinese central bank bought over 1,600 tons of gold since its last official announcement on the topic in 2009.
- Platinum - Hardly An Example Of Sector Harmony
January 16 2014 12:13 PM
South African workers’ union strikes at platinum mines will continue to pressure an industry already struggling with lower prices and high costs.