- Silver Investor Products Show Modest Gain, Even As Silver Prices Plunge
December 09 2013 2:59 PM
Silver prices have fallen over 30 percent since January, but investors have migrated modestly to the metal after an equally bad year for gold.
- A Platinum Pinch In 2014?
December 09 2013 10:51 AM
High costs at South African platinum mine companies mean that supplies will be limited in the near future.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- The Strange Story Of The Rabbi vs. The Airline
December 04 2013 3:55 PM
Frequent-flier miles are at stake in this Supreme Court case.
- There's Much That's New About Barrick Gold In China
December 03 2013 12:49 PM
After 30 years in charge, Peter Munk is handing the chairmanship to former Goldman Sachs banker John Thornton, who has long experience in China.
- How Low Can Gold Go In 2014?
December 03 2013 8:24 AM
Those of you who piled into gold on a Glenn Beck-inspired belief that the U.S. dollar would collapse should meditate on this analysis.
- Want In On The Next Big Startup? Fly Turkish Air
November 27 2013 4:50 PM
Starting Dec. 1, Turkish Airlines will be showing in-flight pitch videos by startups looking for investors.
- Gold Deserves Downgrade And Prices Will Sink: Key Gold Analyst
November 26 2013 11:04 AM
Gold analysts remained negative on the precious metals prospects for the near future.
- Gold - Perhaps Not As Precious, Near-Term
November 25 2013 3:23 PM
Gold analysts see glum prospects for a gold price rally, as gold’s most common areas of support and strength have failed.
- Cat Cutting More Jobs
November 22 2013 10:23 AM
Historically a bellwether, Caterpillar's cuts will ripple out to impact the U.S. and global economies.
- Why Switzerland Sees No Need For Central Bank Gold Restrictions
November 20 2013 2:16 PM
The Swiss federal cabinet said such restrictions interfere with the freedom of its central bank to engineer monetary policy.
- Huge Gold Stash Discovered By Indian Cleaners In Aircraft Bathroom
November 20 2013 8:33 AM
The plane that carried the 2.2lb of gold had arrived from Bangkok earlier in the evening.
- Perspectives On Gold Demand After A Mixed Third Quarter
November 15 2013 10:28 AM
Bank analysts weighed in on the latest trends in gold demand and supply.
- Gold Demand Shows Conflicts Between East And West: Gold Council
November 14 2013 1:03 AM
Consumer demand this year has hit record highs, but Western investors are still apparently bearish on the metal, having fled specialist funds.
- Silver Streamer Sees Better Deals, But Lower Profits
November 13 2013 6:13 AM
Silver Wheaton CEO Randy Smallwood is confident that silver prices will reach a bottom in the near future.
- The China Syndrome
November 06 2013 3:28 PM
A HSBC research note makes explicit what has become increasingly clear to gold investors this year regarding the gold market's most bullish factor.
- Gold Producers: When Should We Buy Their Shares?
November 05 2013 12:34 PM
“Beaten-down” mining stocks are likely to remain unattractive until gold prices rise, which could take months or years.
- Gold Funds Saw Heavy Outflows In October
November 04 2013 3:24 PM
Outflows from gold-backed specialist funds totaled 48 metric tons, surpassing September and August combined.
- If Gold Buyers Don't Appear, What Happens To Bullion?
November 01 2013 9:38 AM
Lower gold prices have yet to bring a fresh wave of bargain buying from China and India, whose investors may be turned off by the metal’s volatility.