- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.
- Even Amid Consumers' Profit-Taking, Turkish Gold Demand Remains Robust
February 26 2014 10:50 AM
Gold demand rose the third fastest in the world in Turkey in 2013, for consumers.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- US Investors Warming Up To Gold Again?
February 17 2014 9:23 AM
As gold breaks free from narrow trading ranges, U.S. investors are once again showing interest in the metal as a form of insurance.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- What US Defense Companies Hope For At Singapore Airshow
February 11 2014 12:07 PM
U.S. Department of Defense cuts have heightened the airshow's importance. Here's why.
- How Much Gold Did Chinese Grannies Buy In 2013?
February 10 2014 9:29 AM
Chinese gold consumption recorded a 41 percent leap in 2013.
- Why Unpopular Gold Mining Stocks Could Outperform Gold In 2014
February 10 2014 9:24 AM
The call to switch to gold mining stocks is increasingly popular among industry experts.
- Gold Prices Below $1,200 Could Mean Production Cutbacks
February 04 2014 6:50 AM
The World Gold Council estimates that about 30 percent of the gold mining industry becomes unprofitable below $1,200 per ounce.
- Mexican Pension Funds Show Interest In Gold
February 03 2014 12:31 PM
Interest from Mexico mirrors investments by Japanese pension funds, which have boosted gold holdings in recent years.
- Italy's Used Gold Brokerage Business - The Second-Largest In The World - Is Going Bust
January 31 2014 11:30 AM
Declining prices for gold futures are sending Italy's used gold brokers into a tailspin.
- Here's Why Abundant Platinum Stockpiles Are Bad News For Strikers, Prices
January 28 2014 10:55 AM
Telling stat: Citigroup analysts estimated that existing platinum supply rose 95 percent over the past six years.
- Precious Metals Q&A: Central Banks, Interest Rates And The US Economy
January 23 2014 7:34 PM
Gold prices will struggle to climb higher in 2014, according to EverBank strategist Chris Gaffney.
- Platinum Strikes: Price And Production Impacts Worsened By Uncertainty
January 23 2014 9:18 AM
South African miners began indefinite strikes against the world’s top three platinum producers on Thursday, threatening global supplies.
- Gold Sentiment Sees Modest Positive Signals
January 20 2014 8:21 AM
Flows into specialist exchange-traded products (ETPs) saw their largest daily inflows since January 2013.