- Even Chinese Grannies Have Sworn Off Gold
April 16 2014 5:42 AM
The Chinese gold-buying frenzy of 2013 has ebbed as quickly as it erupted.
- In Japan, A Gold 'Rush' Ahead Of A Tax Increase
March 31 2014 12:16 PM
On Tuesday, Japan’s sales tax is slated to rise from 5 percent to 8 percent.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Why Germany's Central Bank Is Discussing Gold Repatriation Progress
March 26 2014 10:29 AM
A German central bank official criticized certain speculation about the central bank's motives as “wild and ridiculous conspiracy theories.”
- Did Venezuela Just Massively Devalue Its Currency?
March 25 2014 7:40 AM
Venezuela launched a new free-floating foreign exchange system on Monday.
- Here's How US Silver Jewelry Performed In 2013
March 19 2014 6:56 AM
Half of silver jewelry purchases involve women buying jewelry for themselves, according to the survey.
- Here's Why UBS Is Reviewing Its Precious Metals Business
March 17 2014 10:14 AM
The Swiss bank held trading portfolio assets of $9.7 billion in precious metals and other physical commodities.
- Russia Gold Sales Flagged As Outside Risk, If Sanctions Come
March 13 2014 6:14 PM
But Russia’s central bank has been a strong and consistent buyer of gold in the past several years.
- Here's How Silver May Fare Under China's War On Pollution
March 13 2014 11:19 AM
The outlook for silver prices in relation to China’s giant solar panel industry is slightly bullish, but there are several unknowns.
- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.
- Even Amid Consumers' Profit-Taking, Turkish Gold Demand Remains Robust
February 26 2014 10:50 AM
Gold demand rose the third fastest in the world in Turkey in 2013, for consumers.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- US Investors Warming Up To Gold Again?
February 17 2014 9:23 AM
As gold breaks free from narrow trading ranges, U.S. investors are once again showing interest in the metal as a form of insurance.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?