- A Mining Company, An Ancient City And 5.5M Tons Of Copper
August 25 2014 4:56 PM
Afghanistan’s archaeologists are scrambling to save a 5,000-year-old city that sits atop a massive copper mine.
- This Is Not The Darren Wilson Who Shot And Killed Michael Brown
August 15 2014 11:43 AM
Social media speculation has led to the misidentification of the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown.
- 3 Banks Accused Of Manipulating Silver Prices
July 27 2014 11:23 AM
First gold, now silver. A new lawsuit accuses top banks of rigging the daily silver benchmark price.
- Credit Rating Agencies Downgrade South African Economy
June 13 2014 4:31 PM
The five-month platinum miners strike may be coming to an end in South Africa, but credit ratings agencies say, "Enough is enough."
- US Navy Censures Official For ‘Speculative And Premature’ Comment On Flight MH370
May 29 2014 1:57 AM
Australian authorities had narrowed the search area to a portion of the southern Indian Ocean after a series of pings were picked up in April.
- India's Gold Imports To Rise With Newly Relaxed Norms
May 23 2014 3:51 AM
The World Gold Council expects demand for gold from India to increase by nearly 3 percent over last year.
- Even Chinese Grannies Have Sworn Off Gold
April 16 2014 5:42 AM
The Chinese gold-buying frenzy of 2013 has ebbed as quickly as it erupted.
- In Japan, A Gold 'Rush' Ahead Of A Tax Increase
March 31 2014 12:16 PM
On Tuesday, Japan’s sales tax is slated to rise from 5 percent to 8 percent.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Why Germany's Central Bank Is Discussing Gold Repatriation Progress
March 26 2014 10:29 AM
A German central bank official criticized certain speculation about the central bank's motives as “wild and ridiculous conspiracy theories.”
- Did Venezuela Just Massively Devalue Its Currency?
March 25 2014 7:40 AM
Venezuela launched a new free-floating foreign exchange system on Monday.
- Here's How US Silver Jewelry Performed In 2013
March 19 2014 6:56 AM
Half of silver jewelry purchases involve women buying jewelry for themselves, according to the survey.
- Here's Why UBS Is Reviewing Its Precious Metals Business
March 17 2014 10:14 AM
The Swiss bank held trading portfolio assets of $9.7 billion in precious metals and other physical commodities.
- Russia Gold Sales Flagged As Outside Risk, If Sanctions Come
March 13 2014 6:14 PM
But Russia’s central bank has been a strong and consistent buyer of gold in the past several years.
- Here's How Silver May Fare Under China's War On Pollution
March 13 2014 11:19 AM
The outlook for silver prices in relation to China’s giant solar panel industry is slightly bullish, but there are several unknowns.
- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.