“Married at First Sight” Season 2 couples will reveal if they’re still together on Tuesday’s reunion, but one split was made clear over the weekend. As previously reported, Jessica Castro filed an order of protection against Ryan De Nino. Now, details are surfacing about what led Jessica to take legal action.
Jessica and Ryan seemed happy at the end of “Married at First Sight” Season 2. After being married on the day they met, they had some vicious fights on the A&E reality show. However, they seemed to have worked out their communication issues and ultimately decided in the finale, after six weeks of marriage, that they were going to stay together.
According to court documents obtained by the New York Post, trouble started when Jessica caught Ryan cheating on her on Valentine’s Day. This is reportedly when they broke up. However, that wasn’t the end of their contact with each other.
Ryan allegedly threatened Jessica’s life. “I will break you into f------ pieces,” he told her in March. “I will break your dad into pieces. I will make your whole family disappear — and your f------ dog--- sister’s boyfriend.”
During the “Married at First Sight” reunion special, which airs Tuesday, Ryan was allegedly caught threatening Jessica. Reports say Ryan was caught on the microphones threatening to murder his ex-wife. “She’s f------ dead,” he reportedly said. “When I get back to Brooklyn, she’s f------ dead, this girl.”
A&E has provided Jessica with security since then, and the order of protection keeps Ryan away from her until their July 13 court date, where Ryan will face charges of harassment, menacing and stalking.
Ryan revealed the order of protection on his Instagram on Saturday and said he would eventually explain. “This is another fact here's the order of protection- which had me in awe and when I read it was disgusted,” he wrote. “Bash me all you want, say whatever it is about me just remember this board don't break for nada. Why I posted this will be thoroughly explained when the times right.”
It appears that Ryan isn’t on good terms with any of the “Married at First Sight” Season 2 wives. Davina Kullar retweeted a fan’s message that called the three husbands on the show “the abuser, the androgynous, the mamas boy” while Jaclyn Methuen revealed that Ryan blocked her on Twitter.
Only one more day till #MarriedAtFirstSight - An exp gone wrong starring the abuser, the androgynous, the mamas boy and the women who tried.
— Arkay Evans (@ArkayEvans) June 15, 2015
— Jaclyn Methuen (@JaclynMethuen) June 15, 2015
Kinetic Content, the production company behind “Married at First Sight,” has not specifically commented on what happened between Ryan and Jessica. “We document their journey for six weeks after their wedding, but we can't control how they behave, or govern their actions after production,” Kinetic Content told People. “Our thoughts are with these individuals, and as always we have offered each of them significant aftercare resources.”
Part 1 of the “Married at First Sight” Season 2 reunion airs Tuesday night at 9 p.m. EDT on A&E and FYI.