- Banned Super Bowl Ad Eclipsed By Real Controversy
January 31 2014 3:19 PM
Israeli company SodaStream is trying to ride a wave of hype surrounding its banned Scarlett Johansson commercial, but criticism of its West Bank operations is fueling the conversation.
- The 'Time-Life' Era Is Over
January 29 2014 1:18 PM
Employees at U.S. magazine publisher Time Inc. are being hit with yet another round of layoffs.
- Are NFL Cheerleaders Underpaid?
January 25 2014 7:35 AM
A lawsuit filed by an anonymous Oakland Raiderette has sparked calls for fair wages for cheerleaders in the NFL.
- Glenn Beck Fans Demand: 'I Want My Blaze TV!'
January 21 2014 2:08 PM
The conservative media personality is urging his viewers to besiege their cable companies with requests for TheBlaze TV, and it’s working.
- Why Biz Owners Are Fed Up With Yelp’s Algorithm
January 17 2014 4:22 PM
Reputation-management companies claim they can improve Yelp ratings. Are their services legit?
- NYC To Rizzoli Bookstore: Your Building Is Not Worthy Of Landmark Status
January 17 2014 3:13 PM
Reportedly facing demolition, the building that houses New York’s beloved Rizzoli Bookstore was deemed to lack the architectural significance for landmark protection.
- Subsidies Are The $64,000 Question As Apple Rolls Out iPhone With China Mobile
January 17 2014 7:53 AM
The battle between Samsung and Apple moves to subsidies as iPhone rolls out on China Mobile.
- Livid Gun Lovers Fired Up Over Anti-NRA Flick
January 16 2014 4:51 PM
Following reports that the Weinstein Co. is producing an anti-NRA Meryl Streep vehicle, angry gun owners flocked to Facebook and posted one-star reviews of the film company.
- Empire State Building Sues Photographer Over Topless Photos
January 14 2014 3:01 PM
The management of the New York landmark is suing photographer Allen Henson, who took cellphone shots of a topless model on the observation deck last summer.
- Bad Shape: Fitness Publisher Caught Calling Advertorials ‘News’
January 13 2014 5:43 PM
Publishing giant American Media Inc. argued that its “well-educated” readership understood the financial motivation behind its advertorials, but the National Advertising Division disagreed.
- Woody Allen Tribute ‘Showed Contempt’ For Abuse Survivors, Says Farrow
January 13 2014 12:26 PM
Mia Farrow on Monday joined her son Ronan in publicly bashing the Golden Globes over a lengthy tribute to filmmaker Woody Allen.
- DVD Screener Linked To Ellen DeGeneres Leaks Online
January 11 2014 8:18 AM
A pirated copy of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" has leaked online, bearing the name of daytime talk host and 2014 Oscars emcee Ellen DeGeneres.
- Upworthy Had A Great Year, But Is It Sustainable?
January 10 2014 2:51 PM
The rapidly growing viral video aggregator shared its top topics for 2013, but is Upworthy just one Facebook tweak away from obscurity?
- Satanists Raise Hell (And Fundraising Goal) On Indiegogo
January 07 2014 2:30 PM
A crowdfunding campaign to erect a statue of Satan at the Oklahoma State Capitol reached its fundraising goal Tuesday.
- NY Dog Lovers Fight To Save ‘Frozen’ Pups
January 06 2014 5:53 PM
As Northeast temperatures plummet, an upstate New York dog breeder is coming under fire for allegedly keeping some 100 puppies out in the cold.
- A Failing Grade For Zero-Tolerance Policies
January 04 2014 9:43 AM
A quarter century of harsh disciplinary policies in U.S. public schools have done little to improve safety, according to a new report.
- Did Scorsese Really Break The F-Word Record? Who The F--k Knows
January 03 2014 3:50 PM
Following a report from Variety that cited Wikipedia, numerous media outlets say “Wolf of Wall Street” sets a new record for the F-word in a nondocumentary. Is it true?
- PETA Uses Drones To Monitor Illegal Hunting
January 03 2014 11:21 AM
Despite a new Illinois law prohibiting the use of drones to interfere with hunting, PETA says it is going forward with a plan to catch illegal hunters via unmanned vehicles.
- American Girl Responds To Petition From Adorable 10-Year-Old
January 02 2014 5:53 PM
The Mattel-owned doll-maker said it is committed to diversity, but it stopped short of committing to a doll with a disability.
- Hecklers Trash ‘Chick Phil-A Day’ Facebook Page
December 27 2013 6:49 PM
Fans are planning to show their support for Phil Robertson, but some Facebook hecklers are taking a bite out of their event.