- Late-Night Amber Alert Irritates Cranky New Yorkers
July 17 2013 2:03 PM
An Amber Alert activated by the NYPD just before 4 a.m. on Wednesday angered New York City residents, who took to Twitter and Reddit to vent their frustrations.
- RFID Tracking Badges: Did They Improve School Attendance?
July 16 2013 5:39 PM
A pilot program to track students via RFID-enabled badges is being scrapped in San Antonio after they had no effect on attendance.
- Grieving Gleeks Ask Twitter To Keep Monteith’s Account Alive
July 16 2013 3:00 PM
Fans of the late actor Cory Monteith have called on Twitter to keep his account active following his death, highlighting the role of social media in the grieving process.
- Editor-In-Chief Of Metro US Newspaper Loses Battle With Cancer
July 16 2013 11:11 AM
Tony Metcalf, editor-in-chief of the daily Metro US newspaper, passed away on Sunday at the age of 50. Staffers paid tribute to the British-born journalist on the newspaper’s website Monday.
- Village Voice Vs. Yelp: Battle Of The ‘Best Ofs’ Heats Up
July 15 2013 5:28 PM
Voice Media Group, parent company of the Village Voice and 10 other alt-weeklies, relaunched its BestOf phone app on Monday in 32 cities, including 21 in which it has no print presence.
- Will Zimmerman Profit From Trayvon’s Death?
July 15 2013 3:00 PM
Following Saturday’s not guilty verdict, everyone and anyone connected with the high-profile George Zimmerman trial may be tempted to cash in on the case. Will Zimmerman be one of them?
- 'Pacific Rim' Star's Get Ripped Tip: Chips! [VIDEO]
July 15 2013 1:32 PM
- ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Found Dead At 31
July 14 2013 8:43 AM
The "Glee" actor was found dead in his hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver.
- Will 24th James Bond Film Be Based On Novel ‘Devil May Care’?
July 13 2013 8:51 PM
The 24th James Bond film may be based on the Sebastian Faulks novel “Devil May Care.”
- Coke University: When Did Big Junk Food Hijack Nutrition Education?
July 12 2013 10:05 PM
Weaning the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics off junk-food money may prove just as challenging as weaning Americans off junk food.
- Is An ‘X-Force’ Film Being Developed By 20th Century Fox?
July 12 2013 9:38 PM
Rumors are growing about a possible “X-Force” film being developed after 20th Century Fox registered the domain name for X-ForceMovie.com.
- Want To Kill Pussy Riot? There’s A Video Game For That
July 12 2013 5:01 PM
A new video game reportedly lets players kill members of Pussy Riot, building on a trend of news-inspired games and apps that sometimes push the boundaries of taste.
- Small Businesses Fed Up With Yelp ‘Extortion’
July 12 2013 2:22 PM
Business owners are continuing their legal fight against Yelp Inc., charging the user-generated review giant with wielding its influence to extort advertising dollars.
- "Skyfall" Director Sam Mendes Will Return For 24th James Bond Film
July 11 2013 8:56 PM
Daniel Craig will also return as James Bond in the still-untitled movie, but no other cast members have been named at this point.
- Journalists Are More Popular Than Lawyers, But Not Much
July 11 2013 5:18 PM
A new poll by Pew Research shows that esteem for journalists has declined sharply since 2009, while teachers and military professionals are still held in overwhelmingly high regard.
- Yelp Wants A Piece Of The Delivery Pie, Now Allows Takeout and Delivery Orders
July 10 2013 6:43 PM
As part of their new Yelp Platform, the food review site is enabling users to order delivery and takeout directly through the site.
- Jay-Z Says He And Beyonce 'Dance In Our Socks' To Her Unreleased Tracks
July 09 2013 11:38 PM
Jay-Z told Hot 97's Angie Martinez that he and his Beyoncé listen to the unreleased tracks from her upcoming album together.
- Sexual Humor On TV Is No Joke For Teen Girls
July 09 2013 2:27 PM
Broadcast TV comedies like “Family Guy” are contributing to a culture that makes light of sexual exploitation, particularly in regard to underage girls, according to a new report by the conservative watchdog group Parents Television Council.
- Badge Of Dishonor: Is Anybody Surprised That ‘The Lone Ranger’ Flopped?
July 08 2013 6:45 PM
Even with Johnny Depp, “The Lone Ranger” shot blanks at the box office, showing the risks of rebooting a radio-era franchise.
- TV News Still On Top
July 08 2013 3:29 PM
To keep up with current events, 55 percent of U.S. residents turn to television.