- The War On Comments: Have The Trolls Already Won?
August 29 2013 3:56 PM
As Huffington Post plans to abolish anonymity, other publishers look for new ways to fight trolls and keep online comments civil.
- Golf Channel: Our MLK Tweet Was Subpar
August 28 2013 7:55 PM
Twitter users spent the day berating the Golf Channel after the network solicited “golf dreams” to commemorate the 50th anniversary of MLK’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
- NJ Backpedals After Rejecting ‘Atheist’ Vanity Plate
August 28 2013 2:32 PM
Following an inquiry by IBTimes, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission is now saying it made a “clerical error” when it denied a personalized license plate to American Atheists president David Silverman.
- Robin Thicke's Mom 'Doesn't Understand' Miley Cyrus
August 28 2013 12:30 AM
Robin Thicke's mother Gloria Loring says she wasn't a fan of her son's performance with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Spokane Murder Suspect Claims WWII Vet Shorted Him In Drug Deal
August 27 2013 7:40 PM
Kenan Adams-Kinard says Delbert Belton, 88, shorted him and Demetruis Glenn in a drug deal, leading them to beat him to death.
- Sex Boxes Open In Zurich, But Will Customers Come?
August 27 2013 3:11 PM
A sex drive-in opened in Zurich on Monday in an effort to curb street prostitution in Switzerland’s largest city.
- The 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds In America
August 26 2013 9:40 PM
In honor of National Dog Day, check out some adorable photos of the 10 most popular dog breeds in America.
- How Much Is NSA Surveillance Costing The US Economy?
August 23 2013 10:17 PM
American tech firms could lose their dominance over privacy concerns. So why is the U.S. squelching innovation in the name of security?
- Brilliant Red Sprite Lightning Captured On Camera
August 22 2013 11:39 PM
Scientists have captured new images of rarely seen red lighting, known as sprites. The bright strands of light shoot upward from cloud tops when thunderstorms emit lightning.
- Laser Maze Let's Players Live Out Secret Agent Dreams
August 22 2013 8:41 PM
Nerdworking's "Laser Mesh: A Spy Experience Game" allows players to maneuver through a room fool of laser lights, letting them live out their secret agent dreams.
- Ice Baths Offer No Major Benefits To Runners
August 22 2013 7:57 PM
In a new study, University of New Hampshire researchers have discovered that post-work out ice baths likely offer no benefits to athletes.
- Is Atheism A Tax-Exempt Religion? Not If Atheists Can Help It
August 22 2013 5:23 PM
Federal attorneys have argued that atheists could qualify for the same tax breaks reserved for ministers, but atheists reject that claim on the grounds that atheism is not a “belief.”
- Molten Magma Can Survive Near Earth's Crust For Thousands Of Years Before Exploding
August 21 2013 10:01 PM
A new study suggests that magma near the Earth's surface cools at a slower rate than scientist previously thought.
- Wentworth Miller Comes Out As Gay, Refuses Invite To Russian Film Festival
August 21 2013 9:59 PM
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller came out as a gay on Wednesday in a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival.
- Kids Use Instagram Video To Return Lost Cellphone To Owner
August 21 2013 9:58 PM
A group of skaters return a missing phone to its owner by posting a video to his Instagram account.
- Archaeologists Discover 14th Century Poison Ring
August 21 2013 7:55 PM
Bulgarian archaeologists have discovered a 14th century poison ring that they believe was possibly used in political murders.
- Largest Gun Bust In NYC History Revealed With Instagram's Help
August 21 2013 6:39 PM
An aspiring New York City rapper's Instagram photos helped the NYPD uncover a multi-state gun ring.
- Guess Who's The Highest Paid TV Star... AGAIN!
August 21 2013 10:04 AM
- New Electric Car Folds Itself In Half To Park
August 21 2013 12:08 AM
The Armadillo-T, created by engineers at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, folds itself completely in half when parking.
- London Council Office Replaces Human Receptionist With $19,000 Hologram
August 20 2013 11:53 PM
A London council building is replacing its human receptionist with a hologram named Shanice.