- Badge Of Dishonor: Is Anybody Surprised That ‘The Lone Ranger’ Flopped?
July 08 2013 6:45 PM
Even with Johnny Depp, “The Lone Ranger” shot blanks at the box office, showing the risks of rebooting a radio-era franchise.
- TV News Still On Top
July 08 2013 3:29 PM
To keep up with current events, 55 percent of U.S. residents turn to television.
- Media’s Plane Crash Coverage Stirs Flying Fears
July 08 2013 2:52 PM
Media outlets worked overtime this holiday weekend covering the crash landing of Asiana Airlines Flight 214, but does wall-to-wall coverage help or hurt in disaster recovery?
- For Your Consideration: GJ, The Craziest B---h On ‘Top Of The Lake’
July 07 2013 8:18 PM
The Sundance Channel is perched for its most successful Emmy Awards season yet with “Top of the Lake” and “Rectify” both strong contenders.
- Is LinkedIn Soft On Stalkers? Angry Users Want Better Blocking
July 03 2013 4:58 PM
A petition is calling on LinkedIn Corp. to strengthen its blocking features and allow users to better protect themselves from stalkers.
- Fox News To Introduce New Prime Time Lineup Featuring Megyn Kelly
July 03 2013 2:04 PM
After years of hosting her own daytime show and increasing visibility, Fox News Channel is moving Megyn Kelly to prime time.
- Rachel Maddow’s Ratings Sink, And Fox News Is Still Untouchable
July 03 2013 2:03 PM
According to quarterly ratings released this week by Nielsen, MSNBC’s average primetime viewers were down 16 percent. Rachel Maddow logged her lowest month since her show debuted.
- Want To Quit Smoking? Talking Cigarette Packs May Help You Kick The Habit
July 03 2013 1:11 PM
Researchers have created talking cigarette packs that play audio recordings explaining the health risks of smoking each time they are opened.
- Ex-Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve Joins Apple As 'Special Projects' VP
July 02 2013 8:44 PM
Paul Deneve, a former CEO of fashion house Yves Saint Laurent, will be returning to Apple as a VP for "special projects."
- Swaying Astro Tower Leads To Evacuation of Coney Island Park, FDNY Ivestigating Stability Of The Structure
July 02 2013 7:11 PM
Part of Coney Island amusement park has been evacuated due to the Astro Tower swaying. FDNY is investigating the stability of the structure.
- Iran Cyber-Attack: Did Obama’s Favorite General Spill Secrets?
July 02 2013 6:06 PM
The reported investigation of Gen. James Cartwright over leaks about U.S.-Israeli cyber-attacks on Iran seems very curious.
- Parasailing Accident In Florida Puts Two Teens In Critical Condition
July 02 2013 3:18 PM
Two teenagers from Indiana are in critical condition Tuesday after their parasail crashed in a Panama City Beach parking lot.
- Fallacies Of The 4th: 7 Myths About The US’ Birthday
July 02 2013 1:51 PM
Independence Day is Thursday, July 4. Before you head out to that barbeque, brush up on your holiday facts -- but don’t get fooled by these seven common 4th of July myths.
- Giant Panda At Atlanta Zoo Expecting Her 4th Cub
July 02 2013 12:02 PM
The first giant panda to be born in the U.S. this year will likely come in the next two to three weeks.
- Pharrell Williams Returns The Favor, Sues Rapper Will.i.am To End Trademark Dispute
July 01 2013 8:08 PM
Rapper Pharrell Williams has filed a lawsuit with the Manhattan federal court asking the court to rule he has not violated Will.i.am's trademarks for "I AM."
- Traumatized? A Columbine Survivor Wants To Hear Your Story
July 01 2013 5:40 PM
Kathy Carlston, who lived through the 1999 school shooting at Columbine High School, is launching an online resource for people dealing with trauma.
- Android App Lets You Become Rob Ford Of Crackstarter Fame
June 28 2013 5:42 PM
“Stay Mayor,” a new video game, pokes fun at the crack-smoking scandal surrounding Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and Gawker’s Crackstarter campaign.
- RIP, Google Reader: You’re In Good Company [INFOGRAPHIC]
June 28 2013 2:19 PM
Google Reader, the popular RSS service, will bite the dust July 1. It joins a long list of failed or discontinued Google efforts.
- 'Captain Planet and the Planeteers' Returning To Save Earth, Sony Pictures Plans Film
June 27 2013 10:57 PM
Sony Pictures is bringing the 1990's television show "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" to the big screen.
- Pharrell Has Faced "No Less Than Eight" Trademark Cases From Will.i.am, Says Lawyer
June 27 2013 8:10 PM
Will.i.am's lawyer denies that the artist is suing Pharrell Williams over trademark infringement.