- That Smarts: UC San Francisco Ordered To Pay $14K To Intern
August 08 2013 5:59 AM
Johanna Workman, who acquired her doctoral degree in psychology in 2011, was hired as an intern at U.C. San Francisco.
- Yahoo Confuses Everyone With Logo Marketing Stunt
August 07 2013 2:15 PM
In an unusual marketing campaign, Yahoo said it will introduce a new logo in 1 month, after it unveils 30 temporary logos for no apparent reason.
- Stephen Colbert Dances To 'Get Lucky' Despite Daft Punk Cancelled Appearance
August 07 2013 9:18 AM
Stephen Colbert didn't let Daft Punk's last-minute cancelled appearance on his show break his stride. Instead, he danced to their latest hit song with celebrities, as seen in this hilarious video.
- Rihanna Beats Janet Jackson's Record For No. 1 Dance Singles
August 06 2013 11:42 PM
Rihanna lands 20th No. 1 song on Billboard Dance/Club Play chart, beating Janet Jackson's record to claim the second-most No. 1s in the chart's history.
- Disney Faces Up To $190M Loss On 'Lone Ranger' Bomb
August 06 2013 10:27 PM
Walt Disney Co. predicts it will lose between $160 million and $190 million on the epic theatrical flop that is "The Lone Ranger."
- Naomi Watts Stuns As Princess Diana In New 'Diana' Trailer
August 06 2013 8:05 PM
An new extended trailer for the Princess Diana biopic "Diana" shows new scenes of Naomi Watts' evolution into the glamorous royal.
- Legal Victory For Voyeuristic ‘Neighbors’ Photographer
August 06 2013 4:10 PM
The parents of two small children who were unwittingly featured in the controversial “Neighbors” exhibit were denied a preliminary injunction that would have prevented photographer Arne Svenson from displaying or distributing the photographs.
- Facebook: Satirical ‘Virgin Mary’ Page Does Not Violate Our Terms
August 06 2013 10:39 AM
Christian groups are up in arms over a Facebook page called “Virgin Mary Should’ve Aborted,” which is testing the website’s policy against hate speech.
- Will Jeff Bezos’ Politics Change The Washington Post?
August 06 2013 7:02 AM
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos' acquisition of the Washington Post could affect its traditionally liberal political slant.
- RNC Threatens To Pull Primary Debates From CNN, NBC
August 05 2013 9:20 PM
GOP's Reince Priebus demands CNN and NBC cancel plans for Hillary Clinton specials or lose their rights to air 2016 primary debates.
- NASA Study To Compare Health Of Twin Brothers On Earth And In Space
August 05 2013 7:21 PM
Retired astronaut Mark Kelly and his U.S. astronaut brother Scott Kelly will take part in a NASA study that will compare them while one is on Earth and the other is in space.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos To Pay Cash For The Washington Post
August 05 2013 5:16 PM
Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos will reportedly pay $250M for the newspaper & publications, in a bizarre sale few people knew was in the works.
- Gannett Confirms Layoffs At Papers, But Won’t Say How Many
August 02 2013 11:39 AM
Gannett Co., parent company of USA Today, issued a round of layoffs at local newspapers this week, but it declined to say how many employees will be affected.
- Nationwide Pro-Privacy Rallies Planned For ‘1984 Day’
August 01 2013 12:26 PM
Restoring the Fourth, a grassroots group calling for an end to U.S. government surveillance, is organizing pro-privacy rallies in 17 cities on Sunday, Aug. 4, dubbed “1984 Day.”
- Foxy Brown Caught Stealing A $900 Weave
July 31 2013 7:22 PM
Rapper Foxy Brown has been accused of stealing $900 worth of weave by celebrity hairstylist Genevieve “GStar” Jean-Baptiste.
- One Lucky Small Business Will Get In On The Big Game With Sponsored Super Bowl Ad
July 31 2013 6:20 PM
Intuit and "The Apprentice" winner Bill Rancic have launched the Small Business Big Game contest to give a national platform to an unknown entrepreneur.
- Original 'Superman' Producer IIya Salkind Not A Fan Of 'Man Of Steel'
July 31 2013 5:45 PM
The producer of the original "Superman" film, IIya Salkind, says he isn't a fan of the movie "Man Of Steel."
- J. Cole Hitting The Road For What Dreams May Come Tour
July 30 2013 10:54 PM
J. Cole has announced the dates for his What Dreams May Come Tour featuring Wale. The North American tour will kickoff in September.
- 'American Idol' Accused Of Racial Discrimination By Ex-Contestants
July 30 2013 7:31 PM
Ten black former "American Idol" contestants have filed a lawsuit, claiming they were kicked of the show as a result of their race.
- Untimely Death Of Celebrated Hacker Sparks Conspiracy Theories
July 29 2013 12:48 PM
Following the mysterious death of Barnaby Jack, the 35-year-old “white hat” computer hacker best known for making ATMs spit cash, social media sites like Reddit and Twitter have been rife with conspiracy theories.