- Hecklers Trash ‘Chick Phil-A Day’ Facebook Page
December 27 2013 6:49 PM
Fans are planning to show their support for Phil Robertson, but some Facebook hecklers are taking a bite out of their event.
- Amazon Spanked Over ‘Biblical Rod’ Parenting Book
December 27 2013 2:24 PM
Critics say the controversial methods taught in the Christian parenting book “To Train Up a Child” have been linked to the deaths of three children.
- The Worst Media Fails Of 2013
December 27 2013 9:57 AM
Plagiarism! Sensationalism! Scandal! IBTimes compiles the biggest news blunders of the year.
- PR Exec Faces Backlash After AIDS Joke
December 20 2013 3:34 PM
Twitter is furious at IAC Communications Director Justine Sacco after a snarky tweet sent from her account joked about AIDS in Africa.
- How Brits Are Bypassing The UK's Internet Porn Filters
December 20 2013 1:10 PM
A Chrome browser free extension claims to let bypass Cameron’s pornography filters. But is it legal, and does it even work?
- Bible-Quoting Phil Robertson Fans Lash Out At A&E
December 19 2013 12:33 PM
Fans of “Duck Dynasty” are slamming GLAAD and vowed to boycott A&E, accusing the network of punishing Robertson for expressing Christian beliefs.
- US Pre-Employment Credit Check Ban Faces Strong Opposition
December 18 2013 3:57 PM
Sen. Elizabeth Warren introduced a bill that would prohibit employers from running credit checks on job applicants, but the major credit bureaus might not just sit back and watch.
- Sustainability: Are Companies Putting Their Money Where Their Mouth Is?
December 18 2013 3:22 AM
Sustainability can boost a company’s bottom line, new research shows, contradicting popular belief that non-financial goals can harm profits.
- Plagiarism Scandal Derails Shia LaBeouf Short Film
December 17 2013 2:07 PM
Shia LaBeouf said he’s sorry for failing to credit the cartoonist whose graphic novella inspired his new short film. Is he just sorry he got caught?
- Upworthy And The Rise Of Clickbait Spoilers
December 11 2013 6:51 PM
The 2-year-old Upworthy has generated phenomenal social traffic with its emotionally driven headlines, but not everyone thinks they’re worth the click.
- Slaughtering Stray Dogs On The Streets Of Romania
December 11 2013 3:11 PM
The Romanian government approved a law that will allow captured dogs to be killed after 14 days, but some citizens fed up with the country’s overwhelming stray problem aren’t waiting that long.
- Unpaid ‘Sleep No More’ Interns Speak Out
December 07 2013 8:29 AM
In response to an IBTimes report earlier this week, former unpaid interns for the commercially successful production “Sleep No More” shared some of their backstage experiences.
- Archie Comics CEO's Harassment Defense Doesn’t Stand A Chance, Even If Victims Are White Men
December 06 2013 4:21 PM
The co-CEO of Archie Comics wants a harassment suit filed against her dismissed because the plaintiffs are white males and not a "protected class."
- Paris Hilton Tweet Hoax: Why Were The Media So Quick To Buy It?
December 06 2013 1:33 PM
In spreading a phony quote about Nelson Mandela, Twitter user @DeletedTweets inadvertently proved the powerful allure of the almighty screenshot.
- NY's Ultra-Trendy 'Sleep No More' - 'Macbeth' With Unpaid Labor
December 03 2013 2:32 PM
Though offered no pay, the smash hit's interns are asked to work six shows weekly and ensure the safety of audience and performers.
- A Dose Of Digital Reality For New York Magazine
December 02 2013 11:40 AM
The publication will cut its print issue frequency roughly in half, but no layoffs are expected -- and the Approval Matrix is here to stay.
- ASPCA Rescues Black Friday With Free Adoption Event
November 29 2013 1:25 PM
If you are in the market for a new furry friend, today's the day: The ASPCA is waiving cat adoption fees in New York on Black Friday.
- GoldieBlox Fights Beastie Boys On Fair Use Rights
November 25 2013 5:29 PM
GoldieBlox Inc., which encourages girls to become engineers, used an unlicensed parody of a Beastie Boys song in its commercial. Is it a social statement or copyright theft?
- Can A New Music Magazine Succeed?
November 21 2013 5:07 PM
A pioneer in online music journalism is entering old-media territory with a quarterly magazine called The Pitchfork Review.
- Fed-Up Writers To Publishers: There Is No Free Lunch
November 19 2013 1:48 PM
The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain is the latest group to launch a campaign telling writers not to work without pay.