- Cheering Sterling’s Ousting? Not So Fast, Say Race Scholars
April 29 2014 7:33 PM
Donald Sterling's comments got him banned from the NBA, but some say not everyone is celebrating the NBA ruling as a win for social justice.
- Just Because Everyone Wants Donald Sterling Fired Doesn’t Mean He Will Be
April 28 2014 4:15 PM
As the NBA investigates a racist rant allegedly spoken by the L.A. Clippers owner, legal complications may hinder its ability to act accordingly.
- Will The Public Buy Shares In A Firm With An Accused Girlfriend-Beater CEO?
April 25 2014 6:35 PM
Rising-star entrepreneur Gurbaksh Chahal escaped jail time. Now critics want him ousted before RadiumOne goes public.
- Why Consumers Can't Count On An Open Internet In 2018
April 24 2014 3:45 PM
Comcast, Philadelphia's cable giant, has repeatedly affirmed its commitment to open-Internet principles, but that could change in 2018.
- American Journalist Reportedly Taken Hostage In Ukraine
April 22 2014 2:35 PM
Journalists on social media rallied around Simon Ostrovsky, a Vice News journalist reportedly kidnapped while covering the Ukraine crisis.
- How A Court Decision Could Radically Change The Way Americans Watch TV
April 22 2014 1:42 PM
The Supreme Court heard arguments on Tuesday in Aereo v. network television, a case that could transform the U.S. broadcast TV industry.
- Nonprofit Executive Pay - Nice Work, If You Can Get It
April 21 2014 4:50 PM
Some U.S. nonprofits are rewarding top fundraisers with 7-figure salaries, but critics say execs shouldn’t become millionaires off goodwill.
- Broadband Appetites Seen Fueling Comcast Q1 Profits
April 21 2014 7:19 AM
The top U.S. cable provider will likely report stronger Q1 earnings Tuesday, with broadband Internet demand driving revenue growth.
- General Mills Dustup Shows Need For US Arbitration Reform
April 17 2014 6:07 PM
General Mills is asking customers to relinquish their right to sue, but that could be rendered illegal under a bill to curb forced arbitration.
- Comcast Foe Al Franken Sends Friend Request To Netflix Chief
April 17 2014 3:32 PM
The Democratic senator from Minnesota sent an impassioned letter asking Netflix CEO Reed Hastings to weigh in on the proposed Comcast-TWC merger.
- Fox News Aims To Woo More Female Viewers
April 16 2014 6:17 PM
With a new female-dominated panel show, Fox News is courting “The View” crowd -- just in time for Barbara Walters’ retirement.
- Where Minimum Wage Could Reach $25 An Hour
April 16 2014 5:08 PM
A Switzerland national referendum would raise the minimum wage to $24.99 an hour, but local firms like Nestle say voters should reject it.
- Journalists Revolt As Pulitzer Prize Snubs Feature Writers
April 14 2014 5:40 PM
The Pulitzer Prize Board says lack of a winner shouldn’t reflect negatively on the nominees.
- Texas Strikes Back: New York Times Magazine Faces Lawsuit Over New Editor
April 11 2014 6:08 PM
Texas Monthly is suing the New York Times, but not incoming magazine editor Jake Silverstein, as the Times initially claimed.
- Tweets Don’t Equal Endorsements, Except When They Do
April 10 2014 5:28 PM
Katherine Heigl was ridiculed on Wednesday after she sued Duane Reade over a tweet, but she may actually have a case.
- Comcast's Behemoth Past Clouds Time Warner Purchase
April 09 2014 3:44 PM
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Wed. examined the proposed Comcast-TWC merger; foes argue Comcast doesn't act in good faith.
- US Wage Gap Debate Drowned Out By Politics
April 08 2014 4:37 PM
With a Senate Paycheck Fairness Act vote ahead, proponents on both sides of the issue are celebrating Fair Pay Day 2014 with vociferous rhetoric.
- Amazon Touts Equality, But ‘Smiles’ At Anti-Gay Groups
April 08 2014 8:45 AM
The Boy Scouts of America, which prohibits openly gay adults from serving as scoutmasters, is just one discriminatory group that has registered for Amazon’s new charitable-giving initiative.
- ‘Game’ Over: HBO Go Conks Out Again
April 07 2014 1:41 PM
HBO Go crashed again -- this time during Sunday’s premiere of “Game of Thrones” -- and it’s not just the moochers who are upset.
- Nabisco’s Viral Hit Proves Pro-Equality Is Good For Business
April 04 2014 3:56 PM
The snack food company is building an enormous amount of goodwill with a message of inclusiveness.