- 'All Lives Are Lost'
March 24 2014 10:55 AM
Malaysia Airlines Monday said the Boeing 777, missing for 16 days, is presumed to have crashed into the southern Indian Ocean with no survivors.
- #NoMakeupSelfie: A Lucrative New Era For Clicktivism?
March 21 2014 4:24 PM
Cancer-research facilities say they have received millions in donations thanks to a viral campaign involving an army of fresh-faced selfies.
- A Marlboro Man For Millennials: Sexy Ads Aim To Hook Young Smokers
March 20 2014 4:59 PM
Flooding billboards in Europe and developing countries, Philip Morris International is seducing a whole new generation of potential addicts.
- Cow-Towing To Big Dairy? Idaho Law Bans Animal-Rights Investigations
March 19 2014 6:14 PM
Critics, including the ACLU of Idaho, call “ag-gag” law a dangerous attack on press freedom, file lawsuit in U.S. District Court.
- Having A ‘March Madness’ Party? Be Careful What You Call It
March 18 2014 3:06 PM
The 2014 NCAA Tournament is underway this week, but terms like “March Madness” and “Final Four” aren’t free for just anyone.
- Is It Too Soon To Joke About Missing Flight 370?
March 17 2014 5:21 PM
As the families of more than 200 people grieve for their missing loved ones, the mysterious nature of MH370’s disappearance has made it open season for some comedians and quipsters.
- Sulzberger ‘Shocked’ By Washington Post Sale To Jeff Bezos
March 13 2014 2:50 PM
The Times publisher said the cash sale of his Beltway rival sent shock waves across the New York Times Co.
- Here’s How You Can Help Locate Flight 370
March 11 2014 3:24 PM
Using thousands of miles of satellite imagery, DigitalGlobe Inc. has launched a new crowdsourcing campaign to help locate the aircraft.
- Another Twist In The Malaysian Airlines Mystery
March 11 2014 7:20 AM
Malaysia's military now believes it has tracked the missing jetliner on radar after the last radio contact was made.
- What Getty Images Is Trying To Achieve With YouTube-Style Embed Tool
March 06 2014 4:09 PM
For the first time in its history, the notoriously protective stock-photo giant is making its images freely available for noncommercial use.
- Thousands Rally To Save Girl’s Pet Rooster
March 05 2014 5:11 PM
A 5-year-old Oregon girl was told by local authorities to get rid of her pet rooster, but thousands of Facebook supporters are calling it a bogus pecking order.
- Who Are The Richest People On The Planet?
March 04 2014 3:27 AM
Rising stock markets in 2013 swelled the ranks of the world’s billionaires, which included a record number of women.
- Maybe This Is Why Oscar Winners Never Thank God
March 03 2014 1:15 PM
Matthew McConaughey’s shout-out to the almighty in his Best Actor acceptance speech became a public referendum on America’s culture wars.
- The Best Oscar Night Drinking Games 2014
February 28 2014 6:02 PM
IBTimes culls together the best drinking games to keep you toasty for Sunday’s Academy Awards.
- Sarah Jones Oscar Tribute: Is The Academy Even Listening?
February 28 2014 2:44 PM
Supporters of a crew member killed on a film set continue to call on the Academy to add her to the “In Memoriam” segment.
- VFX Workers Plan Oscars Protest On Hollywood & Vine
February 26 2014 5:23 PM
Visual effects professionals say aggressive tax subsidies are destroying the industry, and they’re rallying on Sunday to voice their opposition.
- The Oscars’ Biggest Winner? Hollywood’s Economy
February 26 2014 11:25 AM
As part of the area’s lucrative “awards industry,” the event pulls its weight. But why is the Academy looking at the numbers?
- Amazon And The CIA: What Good Can Come Of This?
February 25 2014 6:24 PM
Privacy activists are warning of mass surveillance should Amazon Web Services go through with a cloud computing deal with the spy agency.
- Labor Woes Beset Workers Who Make Oscar Statuettes
February 21 2014 3:17 PM
Far from Hollywood, there's a labor dispute between Teamsters and R.S. Owens in Chicago, where Academy Awards statuettes are manufactured.
- Olympic Games And Happy Meals Don’t Mix: Health Advocates
February 19 2014 5:45 PM
A coalition of health advocates is asking Olympic winners to not accept sponsorships from McDonald’s Corp.