After a long, tiring morning of honoring the nation’s lost soldiers Monday, should you have the urge to buy yourself a brand new car or appliance, dealerships and stores will be more than happy to take your cash in exchange for some good deals.
From American brands like Ford and Chevrolet to Asian ones like Honda and Hyundai, you have plenty of options to explore. Dealers will be offering options like grace periods for interest payments and low monthly payments. Stores are offering huge discounts up to 40 percent or more on large appliances.
Of course, it’s always a good idea to do research on the car or large appliance you’re thinking about buying. Shiny sale signs don’t always mean the purchase is wise. But, should you be ready to make the plunge, here are some of the best deals.
Several automakers are offering zero-percent or low financing on purchases of their 2016 line of cars and some will even sweeten the deal with cash bonuses. Others are offering sweet lease deals. Here are the ones to take a look for if they have your new dream car (deals vary by model offered by the company and most lease bargains require down payments):
- Chevrolet (0 percent financing / cheap lease deals / $500 in Memorial Day cash bonus)
- Dodge (0 percent financing / cheap lease deals like Durangos as low as $359 a month)
- Ford (0 percent financing / $1,000 Smart Bonus cash back on many models /cheap lease deals as low as $169 a month)
- Honda (cheap lease deals as low as $159 a month for a Honda Fit hatchback)
- Hyundai (0 percent financing / leases as low as $169 a month for the Elantra)
- Kia (interest free for two months, up to $1,000 / no-interest for 66 months on several models / leases as low as $199 for the Optima)
- Mazda (0 percent financing / no interest financing for up to five years for the Mazda3 / leases as low as $159 for the Mazda3)
- Nissan (no interest for up to five years / leases as low as $179 for the Rogue)
- Subaru (zero percent financing for a limited time / leases as low as $229 a month for the Forester)
- Toyota (0 percent financing / leases as low as $179 a month for three years)
- Volkswagen (no interest on popular models / $1,000 Memorial Day cash bonuses)
Your favorite stores are offering some great deals if you’re in the market for a new fridge or dishwasher. Here are some stores to take a look at:
- Sears is offering 40 percent or more off Kenmore appliances and 20 percent or more off other branded appliances.
- Bestbuy is offering 15 to 40 percent off refrigerators, 20 to 35 percent off some washers and dryers, 15 to 30 percent off of some dishwashers and 15 to 35 percent off some cooking appliances (like microwaves, cooktops and wall ovens).
- Lowes is offering up to 30 percent off on refrigerators, washers and dryers and wall ovens; up to 25 percent off of ranges, dishwashers, cooktops and microwaves; and up to 20 percent off of freezers.