It’s written in the stars: Relationships could be filled with woes while Mercury is in retrograde from Jan. 5-25 — but it doesn’t have to be that way. While Mercury retrograde gets a bad rap, it’s a great time to reflect. Continue reading for some ideas on what to do and what not to do during this confusing cycle, courtesy of Tarot.com and Huffington Post.
The Don’ts: Since there’s going to be a lot of frustration during this time, astrologers say it’s best to be as flexible and understanding as possible with others:
1. For engaged couples, don’t set your wedding date during this time. Promises can be easily broken when Mercury is in retrograde.
2. For those looking for someone new, it’s not a good idea to go on a first date. Communications can go awry when Mercury gives the illusion of traveling backwards. During this time, a text that is meant to be flirty could be taken as an insult and ruin a potential relationship — or just cause problems.
3. For single people, it’s not a good time to pursue a crush. There is “skewed vision” when Mercury is in retrograde, which means views can change when the planet goes back to its typical rotation, the experts say.
— DownUp 78 (@mosaitricks) December 23, 2015
The Do’s: As a rule of thumb, anything that starts with “re” is normally a good thing to do when Mercury is in retrograde — relax, refresh, revise, revisit, redo, recall and so on.
1. Reminisce. For lost loves, it could be a good time to get back together. (But don’t make that decision official until after Mercury is no longer in retrograde.)
2. Sometimes life gets hectic and pulls people apart, but when Mercury is in retrograde it’s a good time to reconnect.
3. Resolve differences with your partner. Mercury in retrograde is the time to openly discuss issues. If that meeting doesn’t go as planned, wait until Mercury goes direct to revisit the problems.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella