Social media has probably already brought you the good news – Wednesday is National Drink Beer Day. Whether you’re sipping an IPA or chugging a Lager, stop by a local bar or pub and indulge in your favorite brew.
Beer has been enjoyed since its creation during the Neolithic Era. Made from a simple combo of malt, water, yeast and hops, centuries of imbibing adults have enjoyed the refreshing beverage. That means this is one national holiday you probably want to observe (but don’t forget about the other 1,000 or so national holidays).
- “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I’d tried to straighten him out, but there’s only so much you can do for a person who thinks Auschwitz is a brand of beer.” – David Sedaris
- “Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!” – Martin Luther
- “Beer culture is a part of the world of food and drink. It’s not just a commodity in cans and bottles, but has a value as an agricultural product with good ingredients.” – Michael Jackson
- “They who drink beer will think beer.” - Washington Irving
- “Drinking beer is easy. Trashing your hotel room is easy. But being a Christian, that’s a tough call. That’s rebellion.” – Alice Cooper
- “Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger