Princess Charlotte is a private royal. William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, don’t bring their children into the public eye on a daily basis, but the parents are giving another look at their second child with two new photos, including the one above.
This photo of Princess Charlotte was also taken by The Duchess of Cambridge at home in Norfolk earlier this month. pic.twitter.com/YHeJ5ItPmi
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) November 29, 2015
Kensington Palace posted the pictures on Twitter Sunday. The snapshots were taken at Anmer Hall in Norfolk, England, and it was Kate Middleton who was behind the camera. It seems the mother of two is also a photographer. The Mirror reports that Prince William’s wife used a Canon EOS 52 Mark II camera.
“The Duke and Duchess hope everyone enjoys these new photos of Princess Charlotte as much as they do,” Kensington Palace tweeted.
The princess wears a dress with a pink sweater and matching tights. This contradicts previous reports that Kate would keep Charlotte in onesies for the first year. Designer Rachel Riley said the Duchess would avoid separates and dresses until the royal baby was a year old. “Because they're a traditional family, I'm sure that she'll wear baby-suits for the first year, and then only when she's walking will she then move into dresses,” Riley told People in September. However, it seems William and Kate have abandoned tradition.
It isn’t clear if dresses are Charlotte’s usual outfit of choice. The princess hasn’t been seen much in her six months alive. Royal watchers last saw her at her christening on July 5 in Norfolk. Before that, they got a glimpse of her shortly after being born on May 3 at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in West London.
The Duchess recently returned to St. Mary’s to help support their More Smiles Appeal. The fundraiser will help the hospital get at least $3 million to help expand their children’s intensive care unit, People reports.
“As someone who was so brilliantly cared for by St. Mary's, I am delighted to support [the appeal] and commend the important work of all those involved in the project,” the Duchess of Cambridge said in a statement.