Hello Games once again released a large patch for “No Man’s Sky” last week in hopes of fixing a lot of issues with the action-adventure survival video game that have already caused disgruntled gamers to ask for refund.  But in a peculiar turn of events, the indie studio rolled out another patch days later, only to be met with yet another batch of complaints from players.

Just last Tuesday, Hello Games took to the official “No Man’s Sky” website to post the patch notes for the game’s 1.07 update, which is said to be the largest update the developer has rolled out so far since the launch of the title.

“No Man’s Sky” 1.07 update brought a lot of fixes to several issues that affected the overall gameplay in more ways than one. In addition to bug fixes, the update also came with certain tweaks and improvements, like how players can easily scan flying creatures with the patch. Overall, Hello Games promised that the patch remedied 80 percent of what fans had requested and that the remaining 20 percent is still underway.

DSO Gaming also noted that the 1.07 patch addressed several issues that affected the PC version of the game. The gaming site pointed out that one of the PC improvements has something to do with synchronising frame capping with the first vsync, adding that the patch was auto-downloadable from Steam.

Interestingly, it seems that the developers working on the updates for the games are up to speed that in a matter of days since releasing the 1.07 patch, the next update, 1.08, went live starting on Sunday, Sept. 4.

The detailed patch notes or changelog for “No Man’s Sky” 1.08 is not out yet, but players are already sharing what they noticed upon checking out the fresh patch, with one Reddit user opening a thread that claims the new patch comes with crash fixes as well as stability, visual aesthetic and space combat adjustments.

Sadly, despite the thread’s positive opening, it still contains complaints from players who spotted several problems with the update. For example, there is an entry stating that some users have claimed that 1.08 actually messed up the Atlas paths on the galactic map. Another entry mentions vanishing waypoints. Other complaints include the missing orange line that shows the path to the center and the problem with crashed ship debris interaction. Given all the issues, the user who started the thread wrapped it up by saying that the 1.08 patch would most likely not be the final support patch for the week.

The 1.08 patch for “No Man’s Sky” comes two days after Hello Games wrote its development update on the game’s official site to inform players that it is listening carefully to the feedback they have been providing. The developer also promised that while its team is currently working on resolving gaming issues, fans can expect free future updates to enhance and expand the “No Man’s Sky” universe.