Olivia Culpo has decided to speak out about her breakup with Nick Jonas. Reports of their split started circulating last week, and on Friday night, the former Miss Universe went on Twitter to speak honestly to her fans after tweeting vague inspirational messages for a few days.

Followers probably won’t find either celebrity saying anything scandalous or hurtful. It doesn’t seem like the two ended their relationship on a bad note. “This has been a sensitive matter and both of them still love and care about each other and only want the best for one another,” a source told E! News.

The insider revealed that it was the distance between them that destroyed their relationship, but Jonas had commented on how to make a long distance relationship work just days before the breakup news surfaced. “I think that the long distance thing can be tough,” Jonas, 22, told People. “But if you try to stay in communication and keep it transparent and honest, then it should be okay.”

After tweeting about her breakup, Culpo, 23, tried to bring it back to her professional endeavors. She posted a picture of her Galore magazine cover. However, the interview in Galore obviously took place before the breakup. The article refers to Jonas as her boyfriend, and she even mentions playing music with him.

“I love music. I still play cello a few times a week,” Culpo said. “I play with my family, I play with Nick. I don’t think it will be something I pursue professionally, but it will always be my creative outlet.”

Jonas and Culpo started dating after meeting at the 2013 Miss USA pageant. The couple was very public about their relationship, often attending events together and talking about each other in interviews. Jonas even revealed that the pageant queen inspired his single "Jealous." Culpo and Jonas were together for around two years.