Vampires, werewolves and hybrids took over San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 25. “The Originals,” The CW’s top new series last season, stormed Ballroom 20 to dish out some spoilers for the upcoming second season.
In attendance at “The Originals” SDCC panel was executive producer Julie Plec, co-executive producer Michael Narducci, and stars Joseph Morgan (Klaus), Daniel Gillies (Elijah), Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley), Charles Michael Davis (Marcel), Leah Pipes (Cami) and Danielle Campbell (Davina). Find out what the group dished on Season 2 below:
1. Season 2 Kick Off: When Season 2 premieres in October, Klaus will be locked in the compound. But that won’t stop him from seeking “bloody, violent revenge.”
2. Rebekah Returns: Claire Holt will be returning to “The Originals” within the first three episodes of Season 2.
3. Hayley’s Transformation: Fans of “The Originals” know that Hayley lost everything at the end of Season 1 – including her life. When Season 2 premieres Hayley will struggle with her appetite and become a savage, however she will find her own sense of strength as a vampire.
4. Josh Is Lucky: Executive producer Julie Plec revealed that she wanted to kill Josh (Steven Krueger) in Season 1 … but fortunately for fans of the character, the other writer’s vetoed her! He dodged the stake last season, and it looks like he’ll remain lucky in Season 2 because EP Michael Narducci teased that there is a chance that Josh could be getting a love interest.
5. ‘The Original’ Parents Are Back: Prepare for Esther and Mikael to return and wreak havoc. Plec teased that the return of Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah’s parents will be explosive. Joseph Morgan added that Esther and Mikael means more Originals in town and will force Klaus to face his dad.
6. Davina’s New Love Interest: Season 2 newcomer Kaleb (Daniel Sharman of “Teen Wolf”) to get his flirt on with Davina.
7. A “Vampire Diaries” Crossover: Paul Wesley may have made a surprise appearance at “The Originals” panel … but that doesn’t mean a “Vampire Diaries” crossover is in place. Tyler may have visited New Orleans, and the Original siblings may have shown up in Mystic Falls in Season 1 … but a “Vampire Diaries” crossover to “The Originals” in Season 2 is still unclear.
8. Redemption For Klaus: As mentioned earlier, Klaus is out for blood and revenge. However Joseph Morgan added that he hopes there is a chance for redemption for his character – but he would need the help of his blood and other family.
9. How Hope Factors In: Baby Hope will play into Season 2 of “The Originals.” The season will explore how Klaus and Hayley’s baby fits into the supernatural world.
BONUS: Kol Will Return! Just watch the trailer for Season 2!
Season 2 of “The Originals” will premiere on The CW on Monday, October 6, at 8 p.m. ET.