“The Originals” will be back on Monday, Oct. 6, with “steaks a blazing,” according to Julie Plec, creator of the hit CW series. To prepare fans for an even darker sophomore season, a three-and-a-half-minute sneak-peek video has been made available for viewers to sink their teeth and/or claws into before the fall premiere of Season 2 airs.
The promo video recapped all the major plot points of Season 1 before the freshman series ended in May, as well as revealed what fans could anticipate from the new installment. Below are five juicy teasers we learned from the sneak-peek video:
1. Time Jump: According to Daniel Gillies, who plays Elijah Mikaelson, months have passed between the first and second season. That means “The Originals” fans will have a lot of catching up to do when episode 1, “Rebirth,” airs.
2. Klaus and Camille’s Killer Chemistry: A Season 2 scene shows Camille able to feel Klaus’ presence without her actually having to see him. How cool is that? Does the intimate scene suggest that their relationship will play a large part of the second season?
3. Hayley’s Revenge: “We find Hayley in Season 2 very angry and wanting to avenge, not the death of her daughter, but to her that’s what it feels like,” Phoebe Tonkin says of her character during the promo video. As we well know, Hayley and Klaus were forced to fake the death of little Hope in order to protect her from the evil’s the wished her dead -- like Esther, Hope’s grandmother. Claire Holt, who plays Auntie Bek, chimed in saying, “The ultimate goal for Klaus and Hayley -- and Elijah -- is to get this child back at some point so they have to take down all the evil before they’re able to do that.”
4. Klaus And Hayley Drama: According to Joseph Morgan, his character and Hayley will become “strangers” since the loss of their daughter. But the one thing this hybrid duo will have in common is preparing for the war they’re about to fight for the safety of their daughter. Newbie hybrid Hayley will “look to Klaus for guidance,” Tonkin revealed during the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con, of how to control her new powers, adding that in no way, shape or form is their teacher/student dynamic romantic.
5. A New Bad Boy: Danielle Campbell’s character’s heart will skip a beat when she meets a handsome stranger named Kaleb at the record store. The role of Kaleb will be played by Daniel Sharman, and according to reports, his motivations for cozying up to the witch are still unknown. But we do know that the adorable newcomer plans on “wreaking havoc, wooing women and causing as much chaos as possible,” according to E! News.
Season 2 of “The Originals” returns Monday, Oct. 6, at 8 p.m. EDT. What drama are you excited to see unfold? Sound off in the comments section.