PlayStation has just revealed the 10 new video games that it is digitally launching on PS4 this Tuesday, Aug. 16. On Sunday, PlayStation social media specialist Ryan Clements took to the company’s official U.S. blog to share the video games that are heading to the PS4 this week, starting with the ballet adventure “Bound.”
Developed by the same team responsible for “Linger in Shadows” and “Datura,” “Bound” is an artistic game that follows the journey of a ballerina to a world filled with her childhood memories. In her journey to unraveling the mystery of her childhood, she will be in the midst of a cacophony of colors and an abundance of imagery, memory and metaphor.
Apart from the risky obstacles and distracting aesthetic elements in the background, players must also control the ballerina in order for her to dance her way through the different levels and beat the monster lurking in the peculiar world that’s also filled with puzzles.
Another game that is slated for an Aug. 16 release is the newest installment of the F1 franchise, “F1 2016.” According to Thumbsticks, this iteration comes with a 10-season career mode. Also, it promises to take players deeper in the prestigious world of motorsport.
Also included in the list is “Grow Up!” This is Ubisoft’s sequel to its hit 2015 adventure game “Grow Home!” The game, which was announced at the 2016 Electronic Entertainment Expo, will see the return of BUD to the moon after exploring the open world featured in the first game.
“Battleship,” a modern spin on the classic tactical naval combat game, is also part of the 10 video games PlayStation is releasing this Tuesday. As a brand new take on the famous game, this one comes with a modern and interactive 3D board. It has a Classic mode for players who want to experience the classic gaming mode of the game, and there is an all-new mode called Clash at Sea mode that brings something new to the table.
Here is the full list of the 10 games heading to the PlayStation 4 this Tuesday along with excerpts of their official descriptions:
1. “Bound” - "'Bound' combines a unique visual style with a powerful story and gameplay mechanics infused with modern dance. As the game progresses, the introspective story unfolds through powerful metaphor and imagery."
2. “F1 2016” - "Get ready to go deeper into the world of the most prestigious motorsport than ever before. Work with your agent, engineer, and team to develop your car in the deepest ever career experience, spanning up to ten seasons."
3. “Grow Up!” - "A fantastical acrobatic adventure in a world that’s as challenging as it is beautiful. "
4. “Battleship” - "'Battleship' brings the classic franchise to a new level for a memorable experience. Deploy your fleet and shoot at your opponent’s grid to find and destroy enemy ships before yours are sunk."
5. “Doodle Devil” - "The same addictive, puzzle gameplay that made 'Doodle God' a hit is back but with an evil twist."
6. “Adventure Capitalist” - "Start with a humble lemonade stand, and squeeze your way to total fiscal domination! Earn ridiculous sums of cash, diversify your investments, and attract smarmy Angel Investors to give your businesses a boost!"
7. “Dungeon Punks” - "'Dungeon Punks' is a fast-paced action RPG with a unique tag-team fighting system."
8. “The Huntsman: Winter’s Curse” - "Join her (Elizabeth) to find her missing brothers as you explore the Huntsman universe and encounter both familiar faces and new dangers, all while discovering the secret Elisabeth herself carries in this wintery adventure."
9. “Inversus” - "Inversus is a minimalist action-strategy shooter for one to four friends. "
10. “Solbrain Knight of Darkness” - "'Solbrain Knight of Darkness' is a 3D exploration game. Players control Gaia, a young warrior tired of struggle that must wield his sword to rescue his people from the darkness, and avenge the death of his parents against the powerful Anibal and his army of monsters."